10,000 dollars for turbo and engine build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cxjon

is 300 hp good enough to take a ls powered eg to 12's

also 10,000 dollars enough for motor+engine build+turbo and parts needed?

300 hp should be good enough, yes

and 10K should def be MORE than enough
try and do it all budget instead of blowing 10K

you can drop the car off to me, with about 7K, give me three weeks tops and you'll have a mid 12 second car...

EDIT: you should take some of that money and get a deer catcher/brush guard for your car... knowing your luck lol :lol:

my best friend is looking for a eg or ek and dropping 10 grand on making it as fast as his supra

in my experience, we have done several motors for people making enough HP to hit 11's. All you need for that is probably about 280 WHP forced induction on the EG hatch.

with NOS, you need even less, my friend hit 11's on 280 WHP, but it was mid 11's more like.

Customer hit mid 11's with 300 WHP consistently in an EK hatch.

See many integra's, full body we did hit mid 12's on 300 WHP. Heavy cars.

with 10k, you can get a rediculous turbo package, pistons, rods, valvetrain, intake manifold, management, injectors, and a ton of other stuff and have a few grand left.

Thats IF you already have a motor.

I can help you if you need it.

Jeff

Originally posted by Import Builders@Apr 9 2004, 11:39 PM
in my experience, we have done several motors for people making enough HP to hit 11's. All you need for that is probably about 280 WHP forced induction on the EG hatch.

with NOS, you need even less, my friend hit 11's on 280 WHP, but it was mid 11's more like.

Customer hit mid 11's with 300 WHP consistently in an EK hatch.

See many integra's, full body we did hit mid 12's on 300 WHP. Heavy cars.

with 10k, you can get a rediculous turbo package, pistons, rods, valvetrain, intake manifold, management, injectors, and a ton of other stuff and have a few grand left.

Thats IF you already have a motor.

I can help you if you need it.

Jeff

thats for motor and build

Just keep in mind, that there's a LOT more to getting a car in the 12s than horsepower.

if you don't have traction, you're going no where.
+ suspension
+ wheels/tires (slicks most likley to go low 12s)
+ traction bars if needed

If you don't have a good tune/fuel, you're motor and turbo is useles
+ hondata
+ 3bar
+ injectors
+ fuel pump

If you can't do it reliably, why fucking bother?
+ gauges to monitor
+ boost controller
+ etc...

And if you have all that, the car is only as good as the nut behind the wheel
+ good driver

Originally posted by Calesta+Apr 12 2004, 09:54 PM-->
pissedoffsol
@Apr 10 2004, 04:48 PM
Just keep in mind, that there's a LOT more to getting a car in the 12s than horsepower.

You can do all that for $10k...

Especially if your just talking about motor, not including the cost of the car. Shit you could do that and include the cost of the car.

eg hatch would run you like 3 grand (lets just say), the full race kit (if you go that way) will cost 4 grand....thats 7grand total.. now factor in cost of motor, suspension, internals, fuel management, necessary accessories (gauges, boost controller etc..), youre gonna need to spend more than 10k

Originally posted by Seany-izzle@Apr 13 2004, 12:48 AM
eg hatch would run you like 3 grand (lets just say), the full race kit (if you go that way) will cost 4 grand....thats 7grand total.. now factor in cost of motor, suspension, internals, fuel management, necessary accessories (gauges, boost controller etc..), youre gonna need to spend more than 10k

If you're replacing all that anyway you can find a salvagable rolling chassis for under a grand easy.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Apr 12 2004, 06:38 PM
Especially if your just talking about motor, not including the cost of the car. Shit you could do that and include the cost of the car.

Almost- it's doable, but you have to be careful with your spending if you're going to include the price of the car in that number.

Hey guys Nice day huh?

Anyway, when tryng to figure out how much a car, built is going to cost, it would be smart to leave a 2k margin ABOVE what you expect.

There are justs o many things that are easy to forget when doing a car from scratch.

Jeff

the car, suspension and wheels/tires are all seprate for what would be spent on the motor

my buddy had his hatch hit 12.6 on slicks all motor for less than 10k.
b18c with all honda parts except for skunk2 stage 2 cams. i dont see it being that difficult for you with 10k to spend.

Back