10,000rmp+

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

diff_lock

I am NOT i stress NOT going to do this ANY time soon... why? no car no skill no brains... and im way underage...

http://www.hondata.com/dynoericksracingrc.html

so i was checking this out, and i was wondering what was the main reason it could reach these rounds... it was bored more dis. , it has a hondata ECU (i think) some bolt ons and the HEAD... is it the head thats alowing this beast to rev up to 11k or could it be done with a stock head and some aftermarker inernals (valves cams+gears and all springs what ever) basicly i would like to know what you know about making a 11k engine...

thanks...?
edit:
oh crap LOL rMp

New oil pump and maybe larger-clearance bearings, and an aftermarket head(complete valvetrain and cams). I think SGT from H-T did it with a stock-bottom B16...but only for a little while.

i think they also wanted to show that this set up in particular kept increasing hp as rpms increased. it didn't level off until 11k. but on the other hand it did not gain any tq. so take it for what it's worth.

strong valve springs, balanced bottom ends, and a cam that actually makes power up there...

definitely need a new top end, and then probably bored over the block shortened the stroke and blanced the entire rotating assembly.

wow thanks... thats what i wanted to hear...

lets say your on a buget (isn't every one) what would be a great FIRST car (honda) that would have a engine that could breech the 8k rpm limit with SOME modification... not only breech it but keep making power as get_nick pointed out...

i still loved how it sounded close to a f1 engine...

compared to many "moders" and what they use, how extreme (if extreme at all) would that 11k engine be compared to the typical tuned hondas... because the part list was prety short... looks like its all about balancing (blueprinting??) and the head...

i would say a b16a or b.....but ive heard of people using a b16 crank in a gsr....destroking the engine...i would like to do that some day...calesta knows alot about this....you need corresponding rods/crank and custom pistons

hmmmm... destroking... what are you tring to say... shorter strokes...

ahhh b16! im a fan of the k20a yet i know very little...

iv seen some TODA stuff but it looks VERY expensive... or are those prices norm. for what they are...

and to make the stroke shorter would you need a new crankshaft or could you do it some other way...

the vid... did you see the vid???

http://hondata.net/media/er640by480sorenson.mov

youll need a new crank and new rods to destroke the engine. the shorter the stroke the easier it is to make higher rpm power.

ok... and what about compression ratio, you know 9.7,11.1 12.5 and 14??? first can you explain the numbers... i know that 12 is kind of high and stock is like 10 for typical petrol engines (right?)..

well for high rpm's how does compression effect the out come...

oh and whats "all motor" mean... while searching "10000" on this site i found out that pissedoffsol hates all motor... am i wrong...

LOL, Brian hates NA cause its a really expensive way to get power when you can just turbo a car for as much and still have plenty of room for growth.

12-12.5:1 is about as high as id go on 93 octane gas. when you hit 14:1 you NEED race gas, thats all there is to it.

The higher the CR the easier it is to detonate.

yeah i guess turbo is the way to go...

edit:
so what would be the reson to go all motor?

easier to get a race if you are racing for money....

"What is that an H22"

"Yeah all stock, minus the nitrous"

"Run without the bottle and we gotta race"

"Deal"

*Rolls up to Z28*

*off the line, no wheel spin, and a 3 car win*

/collect $300

how about preping the motor for realy good tuning with a turbo after words...

like running NA untill you feel you need or can get a turbo and then runing low boost (10psi) for some great results... like you got high compression and realy strong internals.. that can stand the power from the start and then slap on a turbo and tune it for that???? with the turbo on off or low high boost controler...

but it would be cool to have a stock looking motor produce 300hp... sleeeper...? what about hideing a turbo...

stick to the norm.....pick NA or FI...not both...if this was a track only engine then you could go to 10.5:1 and a fat turbo on a built block with c16 fuel....but we all know thats not going to happen....

Quoted post[/post]]
how about preping the motor for realy good tuning with a turbo after words...

like running NA untill you feel you need or can get a turbo and then runing low boost (10psi) for some great results... like you got high compression and realy strong internals.. that can stand the power from the start and then slap on a turbo and tune it for that???? with the turbo on off or low high boost controler...

but it would be cool to have a stock looking motor produce 300hp... sleeeper...? what about hideing a turbo...

people underestimate the importance of getting good traction. I have seen an 220 hp,h22 turbo hatch run 12.8 on slicks and a 375 hp gsr hatch run 12.4. Horsepower is important so don't get me wrong, but traction and driving ability will far surpass the extra hp if you know how to get up and get out with the car that you have. Just like I have seen kids with NA single cams beat b series motors. simply because of driving ability.

lets say i have a target of 200hp... using a 4cyl honda motor under 2.5l ... what would be a good combo car/engine to start off with... again on a buget... and at the 200hp level is turbo the way to go...

notice the noobie tone

200 hp is doable with a sohc turbo set up....i would get a z6....and a t3......search around

Back