10,000rmp+

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bang for the buck.....here is what i have done, am doing over again, and suggest to anybody who asks....

A)car...find a good clean eg shell, hatch or coupe.hatch weighs less. no rust, no dents, full interior. you can find shells in the $500-$1000 range on craiglist, autotrader, etc. it's better to buy a clean exterior with no motor than a good motor and body damage. body repair is expensive.

:cool:B series swap... you can find legit LS swaps all the time for $600-$1000. gsr swap is better but will cost more. b16's are torqueless little beasts. so an ls swap is a good, low budget move.

C)Turbo or supercharge. To reach your goal of 200 hp at the wheels you will need some sort of forced induction. it is extremely expensive to fully build an all motor 200 hp car when you could slap on a turbo kit and be right there. don't buy ebay shit. you get what you pay for. expect to pay $1800-$3000 for a decent turbo kit.

don't try to take short cuts. it will cost you in the long run. do the b series swap first. you will have fun with that amount of power then move on if you want more. good luck and happy building.

Quoted post[/post]]
200 hp is doable with a sohc turbo set up....i would get a z6....and a t3......search around

this takes more building, tuning and time involved. i have helped build some of these cars and the most hp i would trust a stock sohc is around 180 hp. not much more. and that is pushing it. plus there is tuning that you would have to do and upgrading other aspects like fuel and all that.

a 200HP SOHC is not difficult even on stock parts. T3-60 Turbo itty bitty intercooler and crome = 200HP easily at 8psi

Quoted post[/post]]
a 200HP SOHC is not difficult even on stock parts. T3-60 Turbo itty bitty intercooler and crome = 200HP easily at 8psi

i personally don't like trying to build the sohc. i believe there is so much more potential in a b series. it is possible to do a 200 hp sohc. people do it quite often. just not my route i suggest.

formby-if you build a 200 hp sohc :thumbsup:
reikoshea-if you build a 200 hp sohc :thumbsup:

diff_lock-do some research. figure out a budget and some goals. make an informed decision on your needs.

good luck to all

well i helped build a 220+HP EG on a stock block. I know its possible, id rather just go with the b-series as well.

I think i would go with the doch...

huh, so for the 200hp mark looks like you realy gota to go turbo...

lol... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_B_engine now i know...

here in FINLAND (im new to this place lol) im not so sure i can find just the shell..oh and when you say shell is it the car with out the engine or is it missing something else... so ill start looking FORM now for a b engine in finland...

didnt see anything about a z6 on wiki...

im not to familier with the gen.s like eg and what ever and is ls part of that??

and the k engine... that looks nice, K20A3 but im prety sure it costs more.. my dad has a cr-v with a 2l k20 engine with a claimed 150hp out put... cr-v 2004...

oh and i had this mag, sport compact car, with this artical (also found on there site) with a k20axx head on to a k24 block... with a aftermarket ecu... that was pretty cool... but again... the k's look like they will cost more a lot more... a k20a2 crate cost like 6000$ I THINK.... this is not sport compact car but there are some prety nice combos and dynos... http://www.theksource.com/news/

so its up to a b engine now...

K20A3 costs less than the K20A/A2; it utilizes a VTEC-E setup. You can probably find a K20A3 for around 2-3g; with just new camshaft and tune they can make around 180hp. The CR-V should have a K24.

B-series is definantly the best route to go though for high revs. Currently, there's oiling issues with the K-series that prevents high revving(it can be solved though; but costs alot of $$$).

Quoted post[/post]]
oh and whats "all motor" mean... while searching "10000" on this site i found out that pissedoffsol hates all motor... am i wrong...

lol

don't get me wrong, there's nothing WRONG with it... it just costs a SHIT load of money to go anywhere with it.

Quoted post[/post]]
LOL, Brian hates NA cause its a really expensive way to get power when you can just turbo a car for as much and still have plenty of room for growth.

:p

but for your first car, you shoul dbe buying a crx hf or something else with 50 hp.
learn to drive first.
then learn how to drive a fast car.

yup, im gona have to learn how to drive on the road lol... but why buy, first, a "slow" (i wouldnt know lol) car and then when im out of money need/want somthing with more power... if i start of with 150+hp its cheaper in a way... and BTW here in fin the driving school cars ARE NOT SLOW... LOL with the white triangle sticker.... iv seen an acord,new civic si, and a new golf right in front of my school on the ice... lol fun to watch... and some clios... merc's... so they don't teach you anything too slow...

Back