10/17 auto x results

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
i raced the hatch in dmod.

took 1st place by over 5 seconds with a 1:08
E had a 1:14 i beleive it was, and was 2nd.
chip's uncle kept meesing up and took 3rd.
wildbill raced the bmw in dsp, and i beleive his best was a 113... but im not sure.
schwag in the evo runnign A-stock was o/c the 1st two times, but pulled 106's. i didn't see his last run, so he might actually have posted a time that counts :D

some saturn dude blew his tranny, and got fluid all over the course at the end of the 2nd run.

i had a nice spin out on the first run. lol top of 2nd, hit a bump which unloaded my suspension that blows ass and threw me for a 65 mph donut :D

on the 3rd run, E hit some of the fluid, and took a nice spin :D

all in all, i like the hatch. very potent. but the brakes suck (stock DX, rear drums, yadda yadda), and the suspension is horrid (stock shocks, skunk2 coils) and i was bottoming out everywhere HARD.

i think with some brakes that actually work after half track, and a set of silkroads, i would have pulled 105-ish'es all day... maybe evena hair more.

brian moran in the z06 posted a 1:00 flat on his 2nd run. i didn't see his 3rd.

IMO, being 8 secs behind a 50,000 z06 with 335 wide victoracers and a skilled driver makes my times seem like i did pretty good.

mind you too, i've had this car all of 2 weeks, so my seat time (and yeah, those seats suck- s2k seats are on their way :D ) was very limted prior to this event, and it was only the 3rd time i raced all year.

i skipped out on my work assignment at 4pm cuz i had to take a dump. lol so i forfeited my FTD... and my 2nd rbest run was a 110 + 1 cone, so 112, which still puts me ahead of E's time, for the record anyway, and wining the class irregardless.

but damn was it cold this morning. roughly 40 degrees when i left my house... and it was windy.

justin took his g/fs stock 97 ex, and ran 118 i think it was. not bad for a bone stock civic with all season tires on it.

neonmike suprised us all by showing up with the red neon. it finially runs :) i think he ran 113 as well- but he wasn't hitting it hard, as the motor has a wopping 70 miles on it since it was rebuilt. with the full cage'ed interior, and with some better suspenion and brakes, hes going to kick ass next year. I beleive his time took 1st in E-prepared.

our friend barry who drives trucks all his life co-drive E's sol. he stalled it a bunch of times, but he ran a VERY respectible 121 for the first time driving a CAR in years, let alone an ITR swapped, 5-lugged, holy shit i jsut went through the windshield when i covered the brakes del sol

alas, the last autox of the season.

snow cross coming up next :D

and next year, its on :)

chip- do a few more mods and run dmod so i have some competition and a push to do better. E can't hang with the beat up hatch :lol: :lol: :lol: j/p ya know i love you e

(good game)

Damn man, that's sounds like a shitload of fun.. Have any pics?

i didnt take any pics, but peep's g/fs ddid and took some movies too- i'll see what i can do about getting them

You guys beat my uncle? Man, I can't even beat him!

To put Brian M's time in perspective - he usually beats me by about 10%. On average, if he did a 60, I'd do a 66.

So technically, B, I beat you without even showing up! :lol:

Sounds like you guys had fun, and you all passed Tech! I'm impressed. I worked yesterday and today.

So which one of you guys wants to buy my Teg?

Hey, did they mention how the Tri-State autocross went on Saturday?

fucking sucks. the mirage valve job is almost done :( buying the valve replacements tomorrow.

good job guys.

cart doesn't like the SM class for some reason... i dunno. :p whatever- i still won the class.

chip- i think you would have done less than average today- it was cold. E couldn't get the mx's to hook up at all. i had no problems on the azenis. you run mx's.

next year when i have brakes and something that doesn't constantly bottom out, its on.

unless of course if you get the itr.... cuz then, i'm just going to kindly put my tail between my legs and go :worthy: to your. haha

as for tech, i failed. lol it was my own fault thgouh. i didn't even realize that my battery wasn't tied damn (damn you corrie) . but, godo thing i live close, and i have $20,000 parts car :D i yanked the batery tie down from the sol, and came back up and passed :)

he kept getting lost at the lap split (front section was repeated), kept spinning out up top at the end of the first straightaway.

if he didint spin or get lost and have to back up and go around to continue, he surely would have taken the place.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 19 2004, 10:37 AM
he kept getting lost at the lap split (front section was repeated), kept spinning out up top at the end of the first straightaway.

if he didint spin or get lost and have to back up and go around to continue, he surely would have taken the place.
[post=404658]Quoted post[/post]​

that pretty much sums it up

Originally posted by Loco Honkey@Oct 20 2004, 10:48 PM
One of these days, some green plates may appear unannounced and slap you all silly...
[post=405447]Quoted post[/post]​

Bring it on, girlfriend :lol:

Back