10 best engines of 2007

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

its so tempting to edit that to say F20C

Revs > Torque. F20C FTW.

Somewhere in there needs to be the K23A4 from the RDX.

its so tempting to edit that to say F20C

well I was gonna say the F20C but since it was replaced by the 2.2 I figured I would go with it. Ive never been in the S2000 with the new engine but I think I would rather have a little higher red line then that extra torque from the larger displacement. Even if it's a tad slower it just seems more fun. The F20C does have the same horsepower after all.

RPMs = Ruins Peoples Motors

:p

and the reason they went with larger displacement and mote TQ is to make the car more fun to drive all around
having a sky high redline is great... but being able to forcefully pull out of a corner is a hell of a lot better

Last edited:
Hah... 80 years too late, or 80 years too soon.

You can do lots with low RPMs. In fact, all of the world (Except our narrow little Honda point-of-view) chooses to do more with fewer RPMs.

RPMs = Ruins Peoples Motors

:p

and the reason they went with larger displacement and mote TQ is to make the car more fun to drive all around
having a sky high redline is great... but being able to forcefully pull out of a corner is a hell of a lot better

E come on man. You should know better than anyone that you can pull out of a corner forcefully no matter how much horsepower the car has. Its all about gearing at that point, and the AP1 and AP2 have different gear ratios. Its easier to get higher up in 2nd and 3rd in the AP1 and have plenty of power to get through the corner.

Im really disappointed in that post.

haven't driven an s2000 in a few years... but the one i did drive was flat out boring until the lobe switch
it felt like a civic EX

i was really unimpressed with it

on the high lobes it was great... but i felt it could greatly benefit from more TQ

but your revs wont drop below 6000 until youre doing about 15-20mph on the F20. So youre always gonna be on the high lobe if you know how to drive. :)

Hah... 80 years too late, or 80 years too soon.

You can do lots with low RPMs. In fact, all of the world (Except our narrow little Honda point-of-view) chooses to do more with fewer RPMs.

You have it all wrong. Look at all the best performance engines. Engines in Ferrari's, BMW's, Porsche. There biggest performers have a high redline. That's when an engine makes most it's power. The higher the redline the higher potential HP. I'd take a high revving engine over a torque monster any day. You really only need torque for you first gear when your taking off. Otherwise you can stay in your powerband if your good enough to do it. The replacement for displacement is a higher redline.

Yeah, you're right - I forgot about the sport market. I was thinking of the consumer oriented bits.

But yeah, you're right. Forgot about those :)

Back