10 G'z

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

if you want a nice set up you could indulge and get a b18c5 and a turbo among other bits and peices and have a really nice platform for what ever you have planned in the future

after a built b18c1 and turbo....and other the other bolt ons lyke exhaust, and intercooler....how much horse power are we looking at?

it all depends mang........ there are way too many variables like the quality of installation, the quality of the engine, the parts used, lots of stuff but you could easily get above 250 thats fo sho

but i would definatly go with a teg engine........ and build it for durability under boost more than anything

suspension wise i hear good things about tiens but if your not going to be autoxing then just go with some kokikos..... and my friend has an apexi world sport and he seems to like it but i havent expiramented with exhaust systems yet

also if you want good times i would get a hondata system........ full throttle shifts.....full throttle launches...... ahhhh.... whoop some ass with that

hi, I'm B :)

10g's is not a high ceiling at all. i planned on spending 6k on my set up-- im well over 10 right now, and its not even in my car yet!!!!

anyway- with 10 grand for a street car/daily driver...
option 1:

1994-1995 b18c1 = $3500
revhard stage2c turbo kit = $3500
hondata/guages/fuel stuff = $1500
3" exhaust = $550
skunk2 cam gears = $200
misc parts like oil retun lines and stuff $150
tuning $100/ hr

thats probably more than 10 grand, and its still a basic setup... and you dont have suspension yet.

option 2:
koni yellows/skunk2 coilovers = 800
LS swap = $2000 (or less)
rods/pistsons/block guard = 1000
ks-motorsports custom turbo kit w/hondata = 3200
3" exhaust = 350
tuning = 100/hour

here, you are under 8 grand.

see my sig.... LS owns

ok, if you have 10 grand to spend... please god do not waste your money on a b16. if i were you, this is what i'd get...

b18c (gsr): $3,000
eagle rods: $365
endyn roller-wave pistons: $485
piston rings: $78
crower turbo cams: $650
crower springs & retainers: $433
crower valves: $270
crower adj. cam gears: $250
thermal 3" full exhaust: $600
complete turbo kit from ks-motorsports.com with hondata: $2,870
<edit>nuformz blockgaurd: $150
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
total: $9,151

and that leaves you with just under a grand left over for suspension, tuning and whatever misc. parts i might have left out. it will probably put you just over 10 grand, but it should be good for 350+ horsepower!!!

ps: that hondata includes the 3 stage rev limiter which allows full throttle shifts and launches :D .

god damnit b, you got to it before i did! fucker! :(

EDIT: oh shit, i forgot a blockgaurd... i'll fix it.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Dec 26 2002, 03:28 AM
see my sig.... LS owns

oh yeah LS owns!!! a guy i knew ran 10.86@118 on a straight LS/T set up like B is about to do... personally i have LS/VTEC but thats cause i needed the top end since im all motor and i have to race against alot of turbo cars so i needed to compensate

oh did i forget to mention there was nothing cut from his hatchback either? well there was no cutting and no lexan windows on his car, even though he passed on, his car is still driven around town by his dad in the same exterior trim that he tripped those lights

Originally posted by kylemarhx@Dec 26 2002, 03:32 AM
ok, if you have 10 grand to spend... please god do not waste your money on a b16. if i were you, this is what i'd get...

b18c (gsr): $3,000
eagle rods: $365
endyn roller-wave pistons: $485
piston rings: $78
crower turbo cams: $650
crower springs & retainers: $433
crower valves: $270
crower adj. cam gears: $250
thermal 3" full exhaust: $600
complete turbo kit from ks-motorsports.com with hondata: $2,870
<edit>nuformz blockgaurd: $150
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
total: $9,151

damn kyle, gettin down to the knitty gritty eh? you got it down to the exact dollar... :lol: too much time on your hands kid j/p man

oh you guys forgot LABOR... if your not doin your own work JoOoOsHyFrOoOoO, then your gonna have to deal with the cost of labor, which can sometimes be a pain in the ass, cause mechanics or shops can charge any amount of labor they want to, depending on how well they know you, or if they think your just some kid with cash...

the guy who previously owned my turbo setup (coming jan4) ran 10.4s on 18"s in an integra chassis:)
10s, will be easy for me.
t4 60-1 owns me :)

Back