10 sec N/A motor!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

what parts do i need and how much do you think it will take to build a 10sec n/a motor either H22, B18, B16!!! running on street gas if it is possible for a 70% stripped 96 civic hatch
thanks in advanced for the ones who help, and fuck -off to all the haterzz
in other words if your goin to talk shit dont bother typing ok

10 second N/A HONDA engine is not really the smartest idea. To do that, your going to have to first strip you car down to nothing, then pull out the saw to do some "lightening". Since to get to ten seconds, your going to have to run 15:1 compression with a super bored out h22 plus some super agressive cams, this thing will never be able to be driven on the street so forget about it. Your going to have to run 110 octane, rebuild the engine every 20 passes. For ten second NA, leave that up to the Domestic guys. Your talking about spending 15k easily.

thanks a lot for your comment what about with a turbo engine what is best h22 gsr or b16 to the ten sec mark in a 96 hb

turbo, id go GSR or b20. i got a friend that runs high 11's on a GSR with a turbo, with no i repeat NO internals done, stock cams and running gear. everything else is done tho. he is now trying to go for 10's by:
boring his b18c1 to a 2.2L
getting new turbo wanting to run around 25-30 psi of boost.
and using a shot of nitrous to spool up faster, he said 75-100 shot.
yes he is rich, but he already has most of the stuff. if he ever makes it ill make sure to get a list of mods and get a video of him.

wait, in a 96 id go h22a, ur car is heavy, u will need the torque.

you can't bore a b-series motor to a 2.2. it would need to be stroked as well

buy a h22 and drop it in a shopping cart, thats your best bet for going 10's, and it'll only cost you about 3000 dollars and your life!

10 second honda all motor? uhh buy a domestic torque monster, it's the cheapest way to do it. it's very costly for a honda and imo not worth it for any person not in the drag racing BUSINESS to attempt it.

10 second turbo - maybe but still gonna cost you a limb. turbo h22 or a gsr, I've seen a couple of them.

the fast and the furious got everyone thinking they need a 10 second car and it's easy to achieve. NOTHING in that movie can run a 1/4 in 10 seconds.

I'm trying to get a mid 12 All motor CRX built right now, and I'll tell you this... It's not cheap!

If you know what right components to add to the car you can run great times with less of an initial investment. Your going to have to sacrifice driveability for times.

Milan

B's right... you can't bore a B18 to 2.2L. You must stroke it.

As for needing $50k to go 10 seconds all motor, nah. That's WAY too much.

The closest car to running 10's in TFNTF is the Skyline... but only because it runs 12's stock. ;)

In 2F2F, the Saleen was probably the fastest car out of any. 11.7 in mag's with just slicks bolted on.

My friend here in memphis runs 13 flat in his N/A GSR, STRIPPED, 2100 lbs, and he's got a 220 WHP 2.0+L GSR engine. Good F'ing luck. 12's all motor is a HUGE accomplishment for a street car.

c-speedracing.com up in Washington state has (well had... its now sold) a 12 sec all motor daily driver. it was a fully built ls/vtec in a dc integra... pretty impressive stuff...

my buddy ran a 12.9 in a b20 vtec w a ls tranny all motor but it cost him a arm and leg plus his left nut.

Originally posted by dragoon118@Aug 3 2003, 02:46 AM
my buddy ran a 12.9 in a b20 vtec w a ls tranny all motor but it cost him a arm and leg plus his left nut.

why the fuck was he runnin' an ls tranny?

my buddy got the ls tranny thinking he was going to do a turbo b20/vtec. but after the porting and new valve train and running that 12.9. he decide to go all motor and is now in swapping out the tranny for a jdm gsr tranny w/lsd.

Originally posted by dragoon118@Aug 5 2003, 02:19 AM
my buddy got the ls tranny thinking he was going to do a turbo b20/vtec. but after the porting and new valve train and running that 12.9. he decide to go all motor and is now in swapping out the tranny for a jdm gsr tranny w/lsd.

nice. should have gone turbo though :p .

Back