1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

$100 87 teg

Discussion in 'Integra' started by vector-1, Sep 18, 2006.

1. vector-1

vector-1 New Member

The car is auto and the tranny is screwwwweed. i am driving it right now(with no reverse, its a pain in the ass). I read around that that most d series trannies will fit into this car. but i would like to know exactly what ones. from civics, crx's other tegs, doesnt really matter as long as its an automatic(hate me lol) but i'm not ready to swap to a 5spd because, honestly the body is shit and i'm just going to use it as a winter beater for now. i like driving this car more than my 325i(weird eh).

actually reverse stopped working the day after i got it. it doesnt go into d4, just grinds, grinds when i shift it into 2-d3 or d4 but doesnt actually hit 4 so i drive in d3 for now.

thanks for your time if you have any input.

2. vector-1

vector-1 New Member

eh?

guess no one really cares about autos eh, lol. since most people swap to 5spd i'd figure i see a bunch laying around.:confused:

3. get_nick

get_nick These snozzberries taste like snozzberries... VIP

what is your question?

4. vector-1

vector-1 New Member

auto tranny

sorry, i probably wasnt clear on that LOL.

i need an automatic transmission to replace that is dieing in my car, do i have to get it from another teg, or can i pull it from a 90-91 civic since there are like 100's of them at pick n pull in kelowna.

there are a few tegs in the 87-88 years but very high k's :( and i'm scared to pull one of those because of that. especially an automatic.

i am not ready to go 5spd yet since my wife needs to get her lisence first on this car, and she doesnt know how to drive stick.

5. get_nick

it's going to be hard to find an auto tranny. nobody on here is likely to have one. just search the classifieds. this is a tech section. it should be moved.

6. vector-1

vector-1 New Member

aight, sorry for posting here then, i thought someone would be able to tell me what trannys from other d15/16s would work in my car with no modification.

7. get_nick

i'm still confused. i thought you were trying to purchase one. if you have access to hundreds of them for $100, i would go that route. a civic/integra/crx tranny, pre 1992 will work for your application. yes, the any d15/d16 auto tranny will work. there is no difference.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2006
  8. get_nick

9. vector-1

vector-1 New Member

thanks, so 91 civic trannys will work, thats sweet, i know where theres a bunch of those with low k's.

sorry for the confusion guys i just dont want to plow alot of money into this car quite yet since it was $100, probably will if i sell my 325.

thanks for your help.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2006
  10. vector-1

vector-1 New Member

update

well i dont think i'm going to replace the transmission just yet.

i was going down my boss's driveway at around 10k and its all sand and dirt, i thought to myself, what would happen if i just threw it in reverse. well it made some grinding noises and bang, it dropped in and has worked ever since. i had some difficulty idling after, and the pgm-fi light was on, but it went away after a few minutes of driving.

so it works for now, if it makes it will spring i might just drop in my neighbors b18a1/5spd thats sittin there for somthing to do, mounts wont be a problem.:rolleyes:

11. reckedracing

reckedracing TTIWWOP VIP

86-87 D16A1's are their own breed...
    most other d series trans will not fit

12. vector-1

vector-1 New Member

thats ok, i found a 88 teg with a d16a1/auto. engine is shot, hole in the block so hes pretty much giving me the tranny. thanks for yours guys's input

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted