100 bucks if you can get my civic running

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

check the fuels in your fuels box because my brother has the same problem with his car and it was the fuels...i think one of your fuels are out

Originally posted by cai_vaj_jdm_b18@Apr 8 2005, 01:01 PM
check the fuels in your fuels box because my brother has the same problem with his car and it was the fuels...i think one of your fuels are out
[post=484735]Quoted post[/post]​

:emofo: :newbie: :nobreed:

you said you have compression, you have spark, and when you are spraying starting fluid in the intake the car runs until you run out of starting fluid. so the problem is with the fuel you said that you have adequate fuel pressure right??? if thats the case the fuel pump and all electrical wiring to the pump is good. so forget about everything from the place where you took the fuel preassure readings and back and concentrate from there forward. you also said you physicaly saw the injectors spraying fuel. so make an educated guess and decide if the amount of fuel you saw beign sprayed was enough to run your motor. if it is then put the car back toghether and crank it over for about 5-6sec. then pull a spark plug and smell it if it smells like fuel and it's pitch black the spark plugs aren't burning the fuel if it is greyish(carbon build up) then your plugs arent fireing on the compression stroke.

post your results and we can go from there.

check the vacume hose behind the manifold under the purge

does anyone live in the nepa area willing to come take a look at my civic for me please let me know i need big time help

Originally posted by civiclxb16@Apr 11 2005, 06:16 PM
does anyone live in the nepa area willing to come take a look at my civic for me please let me know i need big time help
[post=485835]Quoted post[/post]​

Reading all your posts, so you said the tech hooked up a noid light and it was flashing on only one injector and the others stayed lit? if thats the case then your not getting pulse widths to the injectors therefor those injectors are not firing.

Check your injector wiring, that would be odd to have 3 injectors take a crap all at once, even if one wasn't working then it would still run, but it would sound like a tractor.
My bet is your injector wiring.

well two things one the reward was given out lastnight and here is why
all i can tell you is i am one happy fat fool SHES ALIVE ok first things first i have to thank my buddy eric from highrevcustoms for help me. he came over to my house and we checked every thing and we checked the spark the injectors compression and fuel pump for the sound. so my boy took a look at everything and it all seemed fine even my wiring. so he take the fuel line off the fuel rail and tell my other friend that was there to turn the key and something came out my fuel line but it was not fuel after hearing a loud "o shit" i look at it and the "fuel" was green i mean green. so he took some oand put it in a coffee can and he puts a match in it and it doesn't lite on fire so we started pumping the fuel out the gas tank and it turns out to be all antifreeze, he opened my fuel cap and noticed that it was slimy and he came to the conclusion of someone poured anti-freeze in my gas tanks. so we drained it and and cleaned out the gas tank and put in some 93 with some injector cleaner. so we primed the system and we turned the key a couple of times, and on the fourth time we went to start the car and boom she started. we left the car running for about a half hour and nothing it ran like a champ. idled perfectly i am so happy right now i can cry.!!! thanks everyone for all the help

:D :worthy: :ph34r: :unsure: ;) B)

nice... buy a keyed gas cap........i hope everything goes good from now on.... i'mhappyforyou!!!!

Back