(100% COMPLETE) B18 GSR swap for $2200

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

swapster

Hey Guys,

I have access to an awesome deal on 100% complete B18 GSR engine swaps. I have been speaking with a guy who sells JDM engines and he is willing to sell one of the B18 GSR engine swaps for $2200 if I can order 7 units at the same time. I asked him to give me some time to get the orders. Now the offer is open to you guys, we need 7 people to order one of these engines and we would get them for $2200. Remember this is a 100% complete swap everything is included. Come on guys let's get these orders going, just post here, email me at rselwood@actol.net, call me at 268 560 3764 or PM me if you want to be included.

You like scams? Well why don't you just search the buyers to avoid section and send everyone there your life savings. YOU AH

Hey Blanco, I am in Miami right now but I will be in the Caribbean in the next week and a half, that is where I will get the engines from. By the way I am recommending to the seller that the engines be available on C.O.D. or some other secure payment method. I will have more information on the C.O.D. later today or tomorrow.

Originally posted by asmallsol@Aug 1 2004, 11:30 PM
when in doubt, use Escrow.com. There is NO way for either party to get screwed.
[post=371256]Quoted post[/post]​

werd. escrow.com and use a credit card.

Ok guys,

I have been working overtime on this deal and just waiting for the guys next shipment to come in. the guy got a shipment in on Monday and he is willing to do the deal using escrow. You guys could go to www.escrow.com to see how it works and decide if this is something you would be interested in. Check this page for details on the escrow process https://www.escrow.com/solutions/escrow/process.asp Now the deal is the engines would go for $2200 plus shipping. If you are interested just post here, PM me, email me at rselwood@virtualexchange.com or you can call me at 268 560 3764. This is a full swap 180hp JDM GSR not the 170hp USDM GSR, this comes with full engine, transmission, shift linkage, wire harness, ECU, axels, mounts, etc. The engines average a maximum of 35,000 miles all are compression tested. Anyway that would not be a problem in this deal as with escrow you would not have to pay for it if it is what you wanted and you do not pay any money before you receive the engine. Now let's go guys we should jump on this deal.

Originally posted by pheonixb16aguy@Aug 18 2004, 06:34 PM
vouches, pictures?? how much for shipping (estimate)
[post=378813]Quoted post[/post]​

that's where the catch is, hmm...coming from the Carribean??? $1200...See it's not a scam, he's buying them wherever, advertising for real cheap while agreeing to use escrow (who cares, he probably has the swaps already and he's gonna get what he want's anyway) then hikes up the shipping price. Sounds like E-bay.

Good luck.

**EDIT**

O yea I forgot, they're probably just USDM GSR's. My .02 go somewhere else..

One other thing, It's not economical to bring a USDM engine to the caribbean as most of the cars here are already JDM anyway and the cost of the engines are very high in the US and customs duty is also rediculous. It just does not make sence to buy USDM in the Caribbean if it's not available in one Island we just order it from another Caribbean Island since we would usually want right hand drive parts which are not available in the US.

Originally posted by swapster@Aug 20 2004, 03:23 PM
One other thing, It's not economical to bring a USDM engine to the caribbean as most of the cars here are already JDM anyway and the cost of the engines are very high in the US and customs duty is also rediculous. It just does not make sence to buy USDM in the Caribbean if it's not available in one Island we just order it from another Caribbean Island since we would usually want right hand drive parts which are not available in the US.
[post=379789]Quoted post[/post]​

Just b/c of this post, it gives you an idea on how expensive it would be to ship, sorry dude but it starting to sound like a scam
"just does not make sence to buy USDM in the Caribbean if it's not available in one Island we just order it from another Caribbean Island "

No offense and in no way am I affiliated with this or wish this on anybody, but you picked the wrong place for a scam...try a mustang board.

If it's actually a legit deal then disregard everything I posted on the subject.

Sorry guys, this was to be my first post but my browser timed out.
I have no vouhes as yet but I have one guy willing to do the deal and once it's done I will have him tell you all about it. I will have pictures by monday but it could be earlier than Monday. I am still working on shipping but I assure you that I wil have nothing to do with monies for shipping. If ou guys want I could arrange fro freight collect shipping which means that you will pay shipping to the courier when they deliver your engine. This however will be much more expensive if you pay in the US. Due to the fact that the $US has such a high value in the Caribbean it would be much cheaper if you pay for shipping in the Caribbean with US$. If you choose to pay for shipping in the Caribbean I will send you a copy of the airway bill.

Thank you guys for your interest, if you have any further questions just let me know.

Come on now.... i purchase 2-3 40ft containers at a time..in Japan MYSELF.... yes you can get GSR swaps for 2200...they are all junk though...already ripped out of cars,.....SITTING IN THE RAIN......FOR WHO KNOW HOW LONG........and i get those prices wholesale spending 100s of thousands of dollars....if you can get those prices buying 4 or 5 at a time the prices of GSRs would hit rock bottom. b/c if your "Supplier" is selling a measly 6 swaps for 2200 a piece just think of what i would get them for 1500 which is unreal and unheard of.... plus the SWAPSTER is of course making money...nobody works for free....so i figure he is purchasing them for 1900........ that is just my opinion...but what do i know....iF you are legit you should be a millionaire by now.... i just get so many customers that get scammed like this...it make my job a whole lot harder...b/c then my customers think i am going to scam them...even though i have been selling motors for a few years now......

Wow rimsandthings,

I would say you are getting ripped off on those engines. I could give you a number for a guy in japan who works for a very reputable company by the name of IBC Japan and he would sell me one for $1300 or less but the shipping is too high from Japan for only one engine, container loads on the other hand, the shipping cost is easily offset. When you look at the price to ship a container to the US from Japan and how many engines can fit into a 40ft container <_< , plus engines don't sit around in Japan especially B series engines as they are under such a high demand not only in the US but all around the world. Not unless you are just lying to mess up my deal. One other thing you said that caught my attention is that if I am legit I should be a millionaire by now. So you know then that it is possible to get these engines cheap in good condition, otherwise how many units would I have to sell to become a millionaire. You obviously know how much profit is involved at a $2200 price tag. You are wasting money going to Japan and still paying more than $2000 for these engines. These engines go to the Caribbean in front ends of wrecked cars. These integras in Japan with a light hit or rub usually goes for about $1200 and that is for the whole car. Just to show you guys how full of shit rimsand things really is I will let you checkout a website that sell damaged and used cars, check the prices on these cars especially the integra type R which is going for a little more than $4000 USD. I think that rimsandthings is just posting this information to justify the high prices of his engines. For your information rimsandthings I have been in the Japanese market for years also and have a great deal of knowledge of what goes on over there so you can come on the forum and tell people what you want but not me, I know better. You guys check out www.tau-net.co.jp to get an idea of what these cars go for. I know that rimsandthings probably wants to get me now for giving you guys this heads up. I also have many more sites like this. Also note that this site sells to individuals not wholesale. Wholesale would be about half the price especially if you have been doing business for years, who knows probably less than half. Remember the cars on this site has other parts other that the engine only. I know that you have been doing business for years and probably have a good record but you should not mislead people on your pricing, just don't get into it. I would say again you are full of s#$t. I have no doublts that if I make a business connection with this guy in the Caribbean we would make a killing if you are going to try and tell me that you can't get a better price than what you have. The straight up reason I think these engines go for so cheap in the Caribbean as opposed to the US is that people in the US has more money to spend so the market allows for higher prices.

Anyway later guys, the deal is still open to who is interested.

Man....you guys are getting ripped off....

not only the public here buying motors and clips, but even the dealers selling them....

Holey cow I wish I knew about this market years ago....

I really hate to put a bomb in everyones hands...but I guess I will.

I worked in Japan for many years, one of my jobs that I had was working at a car recycling shop. I would show up to work, and start hitting perfectly good engines with sledgehammers and impact wrenches. My job was to get a car engine, and take it apart and sort it into 3 piles....STEEL... ALUM...and Rubber...and that was it.

We had 10 cars come in a day, and one guy would do nothing but rip the gas tank off, and another guy would do nothing but yank engines out of the cars, and then pass them on to me to destroy. And the cars that were worth anything would go into the parking lot and be auctioned off for little to no money.

Now, what does this have to do with the people getting ripped off...nothing...

Cars are thrown away over there...in Japan...for two reasons...it won't pass inspections, or the owner bought a new car.

Car's that don't pass inspection: Are cars that have been driven at insanely slow speeds for many years, and the O2 sensor was never replaced....if it throws a code...then the car get's junked. Or they were in a fender-bender...and the car is now ugly....not to many body shops in Japan...and the cost to repare is normaly more money than the insurance companies want to pay. So the car gets junked, and that junk yard is very simular to my junk yard that I worked at.

Car's are also junked because after the owner has had it a while, and he see's a new modle or a better car that he want's....welll good by old car...and it's scrapped.

hence...it goes to my junk yard, and if it was a popular car, then it would go to auction, if not, then it mad about 90 lbs of alum 2000 lbs of steel, and the rubber is just trash.

Sadly...Junk yard owners have seen the foreign markets as their newly found source of the next Saki bottle....so different countries wants these exotic car parts, and they spark of a fireworks show with a lot of money in their pockets. And now to find an RB26DETT in the states is worth thousands of dollars, when I was just pounding them into a ball of metal many years ago to make a paycheck.

Who's getting scammed? Well, everyone is. To the owner of the JDM junkyards, the car is worth only $100 to him....to the engine exporters, the engine alone is worth $1200,...to the end customers(us)......the price will go up to $5000.... and why?

DEMAND....

there is a surplus and demand system...but in Japan...the Surplus is huge, but the demand for the engines over here is normal. Importers makes the surplus numbers super small, so that the demand has to pay more....and they make more money.

And do I have the authority to say that...yes. I do.

I was working at that JDM Junk Yard, and I asked the owner if I could by a sterio from one of the cars I saw come thru...he said $100 and it's mine. I saw a set of rims....he said $100, ...then I started to see his pattern....I got brave one day, and asked him about this one engine.....yup...$100. Then I asked him about the car...any car...I saw a Skyline come thru with rear end damage...yup...$100....The I asked about a Skyline that had a blown engine....$100....

SOooooo...I sat down and talked to the owner for a while....I met a guy at a bar that wanted van's...and engines....So I jumped on this oppertunity to see what would happen. I introduced him to my boss, and they went at it. The guy had 12 huge vans, sourced out from other junkyards in my bosses connections, and 60 engines. I didn't pocket any money, because I was just helping out a freind. But his total tab for the transaction was only in the $10,000 range.

The containers to Kenya was in the area $20,000.......but the company that he worked for would strip the vans and make them into mini-buses for the mass transit system that they had, and he sold them for ooogles of money...in the $300,000 range.

So YES...Importers are a bad group of greedy basterds.

Granted, the troubles that they go thru to load up the containers, ship them, and to get them thru customs and across international borders....they do need to make money and a profit....thats understandable for any bussiness....but when the importer says that they spend $1200 for 1 engine...they are blowing smoke up your ass or they are dealing with a greedy junk yard. Engines, cars, parts.....removed from normal, easy to deal with junkyards are cheap, and the parts are in the same condition.

If I knew what I know now, about 7 years ago...I'd be the richest importer around.

Hello guys, I will have pictures by Monday or earlier hopefully. I am not sure about a warranty to be honest but I will find out. They do not come with LSD but I am sure he has a few engines that have been modified and probably has LSD. However LSD can be installed at your request, I know this as I was interested in the same option and discussed it with the supplier, I am still awaiting a price on the LSD install, should be pretty cheap though. I am sooo glad that someone else with some real knowledge of what goes on in Japan actually saw my post. What are the chances. Man, rimsandthings, this forum is for guys who are looking for a deal not looking to pay full price. The main reason for this forum is so that we can help each other make our street car dreams alot cheaper and alot less stressful, atleast that's what I think, otherwise we would go straight to your website and purchase one of your expensive engines. On the other hand you are here trying to make a living, i am not trying to knock you but you tried to make me out to be a theif. So according to what you posted i had to let that little cat out of the bag to show who was really full of shit. You should have just left the price issue alone. I am not going to call you a rip off anyway let's just say that you actually pay alot of money for your engines so instead of you ripping off people you got ripped off :eek: . Guys, these engines are ready to go if you want one we use www.escrow.com and it's a done deal.
Hey, by the way blanco. The website is updated daily so you will see more great deals everyday. Cars are unlimited and worthless in Japan as I know it. These guys would be happy to give certain car away.

Airjockie u make a valid point..5 years ago you could buy a b16a sir1 swap for like 250 bucks. but now there are so many people going to japan. they are getting harder and harder to find. the import scene in the US is expanding...i have hard times finding the popular motors over htere.... Swapster... you can purchase motors for 1500 that is true... u are getting the from similar places like the tau net website. that is a junkyard. i have just had troubling times at the junkyard getting what i paid for... and after replacing parts it just instn' worth it...U GET what you pay for....i go to auctions and purchase running cars... b/c i know what i am getting i can drive the car afterwords... that means real compression tests.... and we make money but not fortunes..i buy a GSR a 95 at an auction for 2800. in japan. to transfer to yard and break it down it costs me 500$ for shipping over here it costs me 450$. ijust paid 3900 for a gsr front clip and in parts.

here is another thing you need to do for pics.anyone can crop pics or fake them...get Swapster to get a piece of paper and write the date on it and write a word on it for you. so you know the pic is legit. but even then you can fake it.... also anybody can tell you there is a warranty. and not honor it.... my prices are competitive not overly high. i am cheaper than 85% of the market...but i cannot compete w/ companies that sell junkyard motors, but they don't stay in business for long b/c they run into problems... rust in motors etc.... i am a powerseller on ebay....i validate my warranty and work with customers i have a good rep.....just me though.

Back