1099-g

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

www.irs.gov said:
Specific Instructions for Form 1099-G

File Form 1099-G, Certain Government Payments, if as a unit of a federal, state, or local government, you made payments of unemployment compensation; state or local income tax refunds, credits, or offsets; alternative trade adjustment assistance (ATAA) payments; taxable grants; or agricultural payments. The officer or employee of the government unit having control of the payments (or the designated officer or employee) must file Form 1099-G.

I have no idea what that means :lol:

I know we have some tax attorneys in here...

talked to my dad...

appearently, this is my state refund from last year, which i now have to claim as income.

i hate the fucking irs.

please vote for ron paul so we can abolish the IRS already

Yeah, they reimburse you for money they originally took too much of, then tax you on that. Sucks that you need to claim the money you rightfully were allowed to keep as "income".

Ron Paul won't abolish the IRS. Just like your parents said they would buy you a pony for good grades.

It'll never happen. IBM doesn't perform business by making their shit free and hoping that you'll volunteer a few bucks into the cause.

and none of that matters.... because when it comes down to it in the voting booth..... people arent voting for him

you can be the most popular mother fucker on the internet... but if it doesnt translate into real world votes then it really doesnt fuckin matter... and really doesnt fuckin get you elected

you get to claim taxes withheld/paid to the state on your federal return, so when you receive a refund you get taxed on that money

talked to my dad...

appearently, this is my state refund from last year, which i now have to claim as income.

i hate the fucking irs.

please vote for ron paul so we can abolish the IRS already

Is this the first year you've done your own taxes?

no... i guess i just don't remember getting one of those. i barely got a refund the year before (05 taxes, like $100 bucks combined fed/state) so i might not have gotten one for 06, and now i got one for 07 and it slipped my mind.

and trust me dude, my taxes are a nightmare compared to most.

i'm w2, plus i'm self employed, so i only get self employment tax on some of my money, and can only write off stuff under the self employment money for my business and blah blah.

i think me and recked exchanged 100 pm's last tax season. lol

so far, i've gotten

1 w2
12 1099-misc
3 1099-int
1 1099-g

and there;s still a couple days i can be expecting some more. i know i'm missing at least 2 1099-misc's

plus, you rent, so you miss out on all the house write off crap... mortgage interest, etc

Might as well pay for someone to do it, you can write that expense off next years taxes.

Just don't pay taxes. Easy. Claim no stateside residence, then withhold nothing federal.

I'm just kidding.

Just don't pay taxes. Easy. Claim no stateside residence, then withhold nothing federal.
I'm just kidding.
us citizens living abroad are still subject to income tax, although there is an 80k exclusion

Might as well pay for someone to do it, you can write that expense off next years taxes.
very true

so far, i've gotten

1 w2
12 1099-misc
3 1099-int
1 1099-g

and there;s still a couple days i can be expecting some more. i know i'm missing at least 2 1099-misc's

plus, you rent, so you miss out on all the house write off crap... mortgage interest, etc
don't forget the house you sold, and all the stock transactions :)
your return might take me an hour tops

I'm going to use taxcut software again. I kinda like it.

And, it comes with audit support. So, if/when, and i probably will, get audited, they help out and cover legal fees and shit. most private firms won't do that i don't think.

Go see my mother at H&R block for her part-time gig (in ShopRite plaza). She may be able to get you the filing for 20 bucks :)

Back