110 Oct Gas

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

webink_EK9

B told me the other day that running 110 oct. gas will mess up my motor. I believe him, but I was wondering what kind of problems it could cause and why. Just trying to learn more. I know the gas is leaded, but I don't know exactly what kind of effect it will have on my ITR. Anyway, any info will help. thanks!

Hey you Should get the new Import tuner their is a really good article on pg 51. about this
Check it out
Nov 2004 issue

is it cause its too high of octane? what ive have been told is that using too high of octane will leave carbon deposits behind, cause the gas does not fully burn

I was under the impression that it was not as bad for your motor as it was for your cat, o2 sensors, etc...

I'm not sure though...

exactly- i never said it was bad for your motor. i said to watch your o2 sensor, as leaded gas will accumulate vaoprs and shit on the o2, and will make it useless i no time-- even more so on a wideband.

thats why dyno's usually charge you for 02... it costs them money to replace the sensor once a week (for a busy shop) you'll be doing the same if you run leaded gas all the time.

there is 100 octane available in unleaded. i'd recommend trying to find some of that.

your build really doesn't need anything more than 96 anyway.

13:1 on 93 is more than capable all day.

Back