1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

110 Oct Gas

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by webink_EK9, Oct 13, 2004.

1. webink_EK9

webink_EK9 Senior Member

B told me the other day that running 110 oct. gas will mess up my motor. I believe him, but I was wondering what kind of problems it could cause and why. Just trying to learn more. I know the gas is leaded, but I don't know exactly what kind of effect it will have on my ITR. Anyway, any info will help. thanks!

2. 4DRonDUBS

4DRonDUBS Senior Member

Hey you Should get the new Import tuner their is a really good article on pg 51. about this
    Check it out
    Nov 2004 issue

3. webink_EK9

webink_EK9 Senior Member

Well then, I will! Thanks!!

4. deejay

deejay Junior Member

is it cause its too high of octane? what ive have been told is that using too high of octane will leave carbon deposits behind, cause the gas does not fully burn

5. sohcslammer

sohcslammer Senior Member

I was under the impression that it was not as bad for your motor as it was for your cat, o2 sensors, etc...

I'm not sure though...

6. dohcvtec_accord

dohcvtec_accord WRX Sellout

Leaded fuel will harm most of the fuel/combustion-related sensors that are in today's engines, along with the catalytic converter.

Using a fuel with a higher-than-needed octane rating (unleaded) will not harm your engine at all, it's simply a waste of money.

http://science.howstuffworks.com/gasoline3.htm

7. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

exactly- i never said it was bad for your motor. i said to watch your o2 sensor, as leaded gas will accumulate vaoprs and shit on the o2, and will make it useless i no time-- even more so on a wideband.

thats why dyno's usually charge you for 02... it costs them money to replace the sensor once a week (for a busy shop) you'll be doing the same if you run leaded gas all the time.

there is 100 octane available in unleaded. i'd recommend trying to find some of that.

your build really doesn't need anything more than 96 anyway.

13:1 on 93 is more than capable all day.

8. odnet

odnet Member

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted