!!!!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ok i found it. Remember this is for Canada so yours might be different.

Any car sold in a country other than US/Canada does not comply with our safety standards and cant be modified to either. The car must be 15 years or older to be driven on the roads.

Although you can own any car from anywhere as long as its deemed for track use. A guy in town who owned the skyline partially owns an importing company specializing in JDM cars, they have some nice track cars.

So anything 92 down.:)

Imports are a real bitch. When was stationed in Italy some guys looked into it.

Pain in the :eek:

from what i've read the easiest way is to import a rolling chassie, and an engine seperatly. then it gets registered as a kit car.

... varies state by state.

Something that not a lot of people know: You can register a RHD Skyline in Connecticut. It'll be a "Nissan Unk". I drove my Micra that way, without even any inspection.

from what i've read the easiest way is to import a rolling chassie, and an engine seperatly. then it gets registered as a kit car.

Never thought of that...

Amazing how the brilliant stuff is so fucking simple...

can't find the website, but there was one out there selling "skykits". Due to the way they imported (rolling chassies) it could not be sold as a skyline.

There's an R32 near my house, its lightly modded. I remember the first time i saw it i was like wtf no driver cause of the rhd... The only thing i don't like about his is that its painted this flat black, looks like a cheap repaint.

To import a skyline (or any other car) to Canada is pretty complicated ( i looked into it). Needs to be 15 years or older to the month, needs to have daytime running lights, DOT approved headlights, side indicators and i think a few other things i cant remember...

In the states i think its 25 years or older that the car needs to be...

Back