12.8 @ 109 On Street Tires

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

colorpros

Busted off a 12.8 at 109 last night at the track w some crappy H rated Ventus tires.But the 60 ft was kinda good at a 2.08.In second gear I had alot of spin and finally hooked up when I hit third.The temp outside was 90 degrees.This was w/ full interior and some extra junk laying around in my car.On 16" rota slips and H rated Hancook Ventus 215/40/16.I was happy to hit a twelve.Also the boost was at a mere 10lbs.

Sounds awesome, especially on 16" wheels and street tires. VERY nice time for the boost level!

What all suspension mods you have to get the beast to hook up like that? I know about the ITR stuff... Traction bars or anything?

Originally posted by SiR Kid@May 9 2003, 07:09 AM
Sounds awesome, especially on 16" wheels and street tires. VERY nice time for the boost level!

What all suspension mods you have to get the beast to hook up like that? I know about the ITR stuff... Traction bars or anything?

There are no other suspension mods.Thats the thing it was spinning bad.I was in and out of it through the first 3 gears.

Good work! 12s on street tires is pretty nice for a street drive Honda. Bump again for you. :lol:

Originally posted by E_SolSi@May 9 2003, 11:59 AM
very nice time :thumbsup:

Thanks,It was becuase I didnt have that front lip holding me back.Wow that thing must of been heavy i droped 5 tenths :lol:

Originally posted by TrailorParkPimp@May 9 2003, 12:39 PM
excellent job. :thumbsup:

Thanks bro...

The craziest thing is that there was a 10sec awd 1st gen DSM in the other lane.For some wild reason his side of the lights didnt come down only mine did.Man I was worried about running him.I think that has alot to do w/the good time I ran.

Originally posted by colorpros+May 9 2003, 12:44 PM-->
TrailorParkPimp
@May 9 2003, 12:39 PM

Thanks bro...

The craziest thing is that there was a 10sec awd 1st gen DSM in the other lane.For some wild reason his side of the lights didnt come down only mine did.Man I was worried about running him.I think that has alot to do w/the good time I ran.

Bracket racing maybe?

Originally posted by Calesta+May 9 2003, 01:28 PM-->
Originally posted by colorpros@May 9 2003, 12:44 PM
TrailorParkPimp
@May 9 2003, 12:39 PM

Thanks bro...

Bracket racing maybe?

No it was run for fun both lights where falling at the same time. :eek:

Back