12" of snow....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Pissedoffsol: your Ghetto speech licence has been revoked.

"Out of the woodwork to get down" What the fuck man, you toss a cardboard box down on the ground, pump up the volume, toss on your goggles and breakdance ?

Trucks aren't bad in the snow, mine have been great. The difference is that Subarus are made for snow on pavement. my Screwbaru is awesome on the pavement... No trails for me though so that makes a piece of my life missing.

Had to go in to work at 6am today. Honestly, as long as I didn't do any crazy-ass driving the car stayed right on track. I guess since it was fresh snow it still had some friction to it.

Comming home. OMG. I crest a hill at 15mph, and see a sander just chillin at the stopsign. I need to stop. Crap.
I slowly brake as to not make my tires unhappy. Lockage. WTF? I pump it, let off - clutch in. Car straightens out, slows to about 5mph, and promptly slides sideways into the snowbank on the side of the road. Turns out the road is graded to the side. Awsome.

Fire out my trusty shovel and in a WRC-like show of speed, I dig out and get going in about 2 minutes flat. Had it been just snow and no slush - I would have stopped like I usually do. But this retarded slush stuff has the friction coefficient of KY-Jelly.

No snow down here.

But since I had to go to SLAP and shovel that shit the entire day I got caught in it anyway. they probably got about 6" or so.

Quattro OWNS. I didn't even come close to losing control at any point.. Well except one, there this big ass hill on Rt. 15 (New2, will know it). I just slid down it, there was no way i was stopping.

Quoted post[/post]]
No snow down here.

But since I had to go to SLAP and shovel that shit the entire day I got caught in it anyway. they probably got about 6" or so.

Quattro OWNS. I didn't even come close to losing control at any point.. Well except one, there this big ass hill on Rt. 15 (New2, will know it). I just slid down it, there was no way i was stopping.

AWD ain't what its cracked up to be on stock tires. Next year, I'll definately be purchasing winter tires so the car can handle like its supposed to and hopefully I'll have better traction. Getting started around here isn't the problem, stopping on the inches of slush they leave in the road is.

awd is useless if your tires can't do anything.

i've said it 100 times.

BUY SNOW TIRES. it's the best investment you can make for your car in the winter months.

i'm starting a new thread with pics of t3h snow

My Loyale : Still kickin' it fool-proof on the pavement. It's a stomper, no snows (In fact, I have minimum legal tread now).

I don't have snow tires but they're not too bad, i don't remember what they were. Sussex sucks, there really was inches of slush left on the road and a bitch to drive on.

AWD isn't all it's cracked up to be in the first place. I like it for the traction/more control aspect of it and the better road feel.

any AWD system is designed primarily for high speed cornering under throttle. It's not really for "offroading" or harsh conditions. Yeah, inheritly it will be better in snow and slickness, but it's not really designed to be a go anywhere type of thing.

Part time has less play, sturdier components and ultimately - more restrictions to speed and comfort (Noise and vibration) than AWD.

I couldn't people paying for a 4Matic Benz with part time 4WD. (Even though.. alittle trick.. there is a switch under the hood of a Benz that turns it off)

I drove on these for a month into the first snow of the year in the Civic about 5 years back:

slicks.jpg

THAT was fun. :blink:

thats about as safe as jumping railroad tracks with a cop behind you and raming into a pole cuz you suck at driving

I drove on completely bald 18's one year. Needless to say, I didn't make it far before I threw some 16" steelies on.

Virgin Mary Tire:

What you see for sale here is a Michelin Pontius Pilot S1 M+S (Mother + Savior) with the Virgin Mary clearly seen on it's tread pattern, or where the tread used to be.

Also, some people say that the Virgin Mary is giving the viewer the ol' one-finger-salute.

The tire is sidewall marked "DOT" and is A temperature, A traction. Low noise, and rated "ok" overall in wet weather, snow, and Armeggedon road conditions. This tire is a good buy for people who drive in LA, or the Gaza Strip depending on time of day. It's S-speed rated and the tread has about 2025 years of tread left on it, or until the four horsemen ride - whichever comes first.

Thanks for bidding !

The opposite tire had 3 nails in it, but I didn't see Jesus on it.

Back