12 Sec Crx, 13 Sec Hb

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

chet

this CRX went 12.3@112 on Drag Radials. 11.96 on Slicks.
All Motor, GSR/Type R, All OEM Honda Parts
s3e62e6f2d8bb4.jpg

s3e62e705c3849.jpg

This Hatchback went 13.5@105. GSR/Type R, GSR Transmission, NO LSD, Street Tires (Notice the VX Wheels)
s3e62e71add9e6.jpg

Both are built by Neal Sutton, owner of the Red CRX. He is a good friend of mine and local engine builder here in tampa.

If you are serious about getting a motor built...he is someone you should talk with...

you better believe it, this red crx has beaten both a viper and a lamborghini on the street.

very, very fast...and if the driver doesn't have his shit together he'll lose to this little red beast.

the pictures work, please press refresh.

ok, try now!

sorry, other server wasn't working...now they're being hosted by hondaswap.

ok now they work. i like the eg, but i dont like the way the CRX looks, it just doesnt look right to me. the rims mostly, but also the way the hood pops out instead of in. mostlikely to accomodate the height of the GSR engine. i wonder where he got that hood from though. the only pop up CF hoods ive seen are for the CRX SiR which has different headlights, but hes got the usdm headlights. o well, its fast and its a sleeper, i would never think that that car could beat mine, but since it can, its all good. :)

fiberimages carbon fiber hood.

and he's using hasport mounts, i don't believe he has any clearance issues, or has ever had any clearance issues.

the wheels are hx wheels, in my opinion hx's or vx's are the best for crx's.

i believe even with hasport mounts it still touches otherwise it would hang too low, which is potentially worse than touching the hood. i fixed mine by just getting a different hood. but the hood he has is poped up. a stock CRX hood is slightly indented. it just makes it look a little weird thats all.

I feel slow considering I have stock internals,head, in my crx b18c, and I pulled a 13.2 :D

hey darivative i am just wondering what tranny you got and what rpms you launch at, and what kinda tires you had on that 13.2 sec run. i havent got a chance to run my car at the track yet, just looking for some info that might help me out when i run it for myself.

I had a set of 14in. lenso wheels w/bfg slicks. I launch at no more than 2,800 rpm and I have b16 lsd trans...

Originally posted by chet@Mar 2 2003, 11:49 PM
the wheels are hx wheels, in my opinion hx's or vx's are the best for crx's.

Very nice times all motor! Hopefully my CRX can crack into the 13s all motor with a D block. We'll see. The HX rims are on the way too...

:lol:

I'm sorry but I can't see that crx breaking into the 11's with all oem parts...
Do you have a breakdown of what it has?

Originally posted by Darivative@Mar 3 2003, 01:52 AM
I had a set of 14in. lenso wheels w/bfg slicks. I launch at no more than 2,800 rpm and I have b16 lsd trans...

you only launch at 2800RPM on slicks???? wow i launch at around 7000-7500RPM when on slicks

:lol: :lol:

ZC Hood's are popped up as well as teh SiR's

and when you are on slicks, you shouldnt have to patty wagon the car out of thebox, drop that bitch and launch at 8, you'll never get a good 60' launching at 2800!

:)

I'm sorry but I can't see that crx breaking into the 11's with all oem parts...
Do you have a breakdown of what it has?

i'm not exactly sure what he has, only because nobody is sure about his setup because he built it. however i do know that its all OEM honda parts and its naturally aspirated.

i know this for sure...B16A head, Type R intake manifold, Type R throttle Body, GSR bottom end, CTR Cam/ITR E Cam, Type R valvetrain.

I'm guessing...Head is milled 20 thousandth's, has type R rods, p73 pistons, compression is around 12.2:1 and he's putting down like 204whp, 135-140 Torque.

The crx has full interior up front, in the back its gutted. He has drag springs in the rear, and thats about it. And i have personally seen him go CONSISTENT 12.1's in 95+ Degree weather on slicks. This isn't like a one time deal, as he will go to the track and run no better than 12.4's all day long.

i love fast all motor cars... i'd take all motor over forced ind./nitrous any day. and the fact that is from a 1.8 liter inline four cylinder makes it that much better.

Back