12 Second Civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hey guys ok here is my quesiton... i have a JDM H22A Stock everything internally.... (which i know will have to be changed) i want to run mid 12s knowing i'm not pushing the engine way to hard (11's if i can) i have a 97 civic coupe, what is the horse power that i would probably need to run a 12 second time slip (keeping most of the interior intact) How much psi would i need to run with an h22a and what turbo would be the best for this job... ok... go... peace and thanks

dylan

p.s. oh and also, is that 12 second time slip harder to run with a supercharger...??

h22 in what car? with a civic it will be pretty easy, but in an accord or prelude it will be pretty hard

You most likely wont even need psi to hit the 12s. Take out the spare tire, jack, and anything else easily removed. Look into some cams, valvetrain, clutch, flywheel, and bolt-ons. I bet you could hit the 12s easy with that setup. And then since you are still running stock compression... it's boost time baby... 11s for sure. All my opinion of course. ;)

Yeah a H22 Stock in a civic with alittle weight reduction and set of slicks should break low 13's high 12's easy.......

Put a nice turbo kit on the H22 and you'd have potencial on a really fast car, 10 second car if you tuned the motor to make a grip of power.

wow.. amazing fast replys!!! so u think that 12 psi would be a good start... F-max's kit for the H22A starts out at 11 psi... how much horse power is that to the ground (esimated is great) how much would about 15-17 be?? (boost happy after riding in a supra with 600 wheel horsepower)

dylan

12psi + H22 + Civic = Fast and Fun and not alot of traction.. But hey you'll still have fun spinning 1,2,3 and some of 4th gear..

Get ballsy and purchase yourself a set of mickey thompson slicks and drive around on them...

But seriously, 12psi on H22 tuned properly would sling shot your civic into the low 11's on slicks with ease, thats saying your a decent driver.

Good luck and have fun ;)

ok another question to add on that i just thought of... would turbo lag actually be benifical for this type of application.. if so.. which turbo would yall suggest to best suit me here...
and what is yall's idea on using nitrous as a last resourt to win a race? (50-75 shot and of coruse direct port) and what good tuning tool would work best for this as well (what is that Hondata?? how much and where do i go to get info on it??)
thanks peace

dylan

bills are low and income is finally high... so i'm not to worried.. thanks for the input (besides i plan to rip up on some gt's, trans am's, and z28's to make back some extra cash) and i'll be straight up with them.. (knowing them they would laugh and race anyways)

dylan

i am going with a h22 swap right now and i was wondering if i should go with a turbo or not if so what would be a good kit for it?

I'm getting so tired of the PSI PSI PSI crap. When are you going to tell us what matters... WHAT F'ING TURBO ARE YOU GOING TO USE. And no "the F-Max turbo" isn't going to tell us Jack Schitt. :rant:

And if you think a stock H22 in your civic will hit 12's, you'd better think again. The H22 isn't a miracle engine. That and the b18c5 in a race are head to head DEAD EVEN. The H22 pulls better down low, but the B18c5 will rip it on the top end of the 1/4 mile. Type R swapped EK Coupes run low 14's on street tires.

Fuckin' Noob's.

yeah man that shits all over honda-tech in the FI section (or at least it was when i used to post there last year.)

it gets kinda annoying, just go out there and find out for your selves like the rest of us did.

EK coupes (especially the Si) weigh EQUAL or VERY close (within 200 pounds, which is only .2 in the 1/4 approximately) to the Type R...

Keep thinking.

Originally posted by SiR Kid@Jun 22 2003, 12:25 AM

And if you think a stock H22 in your civic will hit 12's, you'd better think again. The H22 isn't a miracle engine. That and the b18c5 in a race are head to head DEAD EVEN. The H22 pulls better down low, but the B18c5 will rip it on the top end of the 1/4 mile. Type R swapped EK Coupes run low 14's on street tires.

Fuckin' Noob's.

thank you,I still want this setup in my ride but everyone goes around saying you can hit 12's on street tires with just the swap and I have yet to see it

[EDIT] and yes DylanTheKid I know thats not what you were asking :D

Im tired of people not realizeing that an H22 in any type of civic isnt incredibly easy. You have to align the halfshafts, the motor is bigger than a B or D class motor, so that means it sits differently in the car. Your halfshafts will be at an angle where they are very easily breakable, trust me, my freind has a 93 Hatch with an H22, he breaks halfshafts all the time... you have to make sure the motor is mounted right and get some better halfshafts...

The question was asked, "how much horsepower do I need to run 12's". That is the best question on this whole thread. For that car, it would take around 350 hp, depending on weight and traction, to put that car squarely into the 12's. That's only about 50% more power than that motor puts out n/a. I'd go with the big B-series options for that type of (FI) power.

well to help ur search out, i have a friend running an Ek coupe with an H22A with i/h/e, he cant hook up and has a set of slicks, his best time so far is a 13.5 and i live in Vancouver canada, so u might be able to hit 12's if u get cams and IM, throttle body and all that stuff, but u wont b near low 11's. u might be able to hit 12s IF u can hook up, before u spend a shitload making ur car super fast, make sure it can take the power, buy racing axels, and suspension, possibly reiforce the frame too.

Originally posted by SleEPeR_CRX@Jun 25 2003, 01:43 PM
...i have a friend running an Ek coupe with an H22A with i/h/e, he cant hook up and has a set of slicks...

sounds like homie can't drive too well.

Back