1200 Mile Trip

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

4DRB16A

Well my uncle past away last night and I have to make a 1200 mile trip to Gulfport, MS and I was wondering if my car would make it. It seems to run perfect, the only thing that is wrong with it is that it is throwing the CEL code 2 (secondary o2 sensor) and once my car gets warmed up at idle it will idle from 1.5k to 1k up and down up and down. My main question is do you think this will affect my car and will it be reliable? I bought a new o2 sensor and installed it and ran a wire to ECu pinout C8 but it is still throwing the code. I posted in other forum but noone has replied yet. Just need some advice,

Thanks

did you reset the ECU after you installed the new O2 sensor? (unplug the battery for a few minutes, then turn put the terminal back on) If it is just the 2nd o2, the only thing that might get effected would be your gas millage. It should make the trip fine if that is your only code.

yea, i agree

should be fine for the trip, fixing the CEL will prob cut down on your gas costs, but your car will still run fine with the CEL...

idle can be TPS, low coolant, or air in coolant

did you get the correct secondary o2?

Originally posted by reckedracing@May 10 2005, 10:22 AM
yea, i agree

should be fine for the trip, fixing the CEL will prob cut down on your gas costs, but your car will still run fine with the CEL...

idle can be TPS, low coolant, or air in coolant

did you get the correct secondary o2?
[post=497386]Quoted post[/post]​

Yes I got the right o2 sensor. I did unplug my battery for 5 mins after I ran the wire to my ECU. I cleaned the IACV (even though it looked pretty clean). The only thing I can think of is maybe it is not getting a solid connection to the ECU. I ran an 18 gauge (maybe a little less) speaker wire to the slot C8 and I cut the end of a speaker terminal connector off and crimped it on the wire and pushed it in the slot. I can pull on it and it is in there snug. Maybe it is not getting a good enough connection to the ECU. Is the speaker wire good enough or do I have to buy a special wire? And do I have to buy a special plug to plug in the ECU? And should I solder it?

Thanks guys for all your help in my time of grief.

Originally posted by 4DRB16A@May 10 2005, 07:11 PM
Great moved to a forum where I got no responses. Thanks!
[post=497454]Quoted post[/post]​

Where was it? It is a general questions, will my car run fine with this code. What year is the car?

Back