12hr enduro

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

chris

Well we (RcrewRacing) are off for the 12 hour enduro at Thunderhill. I sold my EG from last year so we are using a HondaChallenge H1 eg this year. Swapped the JDM ITR out for the good ol SOHC vtec motor.

be back in a couple days!

-chris

Maybe it has something to do with the rules? Just a guess though.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Dec 5 2003, 03:11 PM
swapped OUT for a single cam???????????????/

WHA!?!?!?!?!?!

So he can qualify for H1 class status probably. A 12 hour enduro race sound like my kind of event. I'm jealous...

Good luck Chris!!!!!

Crazy crazy shit.

Good luck mang.

Well we finished...somehow some way. after 12 hrs there were only about 50 out of 80 cars left. we tried our hardest not to finish! there is a front splitter somewhere on turn 10 or so, a radiator in the paddock and most of a front bumper in the paddock as well. one of the drivers decided to see of a civic can actually fly...and wut do u kno, they can!

i will give a full break down later and some picks later.

as for the SOHC two reasons:

1. ITR motor = lots of gas, at $5/gallon of 100octane and more than 65 gallons of gas need versus 92 octane and consums less gas.

2. 1.8L in civic = EO class, which means unlimited class. porche 911 turbo, cobras, catamarans (sp?), open air cars, ect. we prefer to stay in E2 class. and quite honestly, the sohc can be just as fast as the 1.8L hybrids out there.

Thats fuckin awesome chris how do you get into that. Sounds like something I would love to do!

dont know what place we finished. there was actually 2 enduros goin on. there was a 12hr and a 25hr. most of the field, what was left of it, kept on going after the 12hrs.

we couldnt afford tires, gas, spare motor, tranny, susp, ect for the 25hrs. maybe next year?

but as soon as we finished we packed up and took off, it was 12am and we had a 3 hour drive home, so we will find out when the official scores get in.

as for getting into enduros, this one is sponsored by NASA, there is an enduro series as well.

here are a couple pics, i have more, but no place to store and i wanna SLEEP.
our frnds Teamorange racing was there with there EP civic with some sponsorship from kingmotorsports and mugen and honda. spoon was there with tehre TSX, in one of the pics u can see wut we think of them =P and you can see our zip tie handy work with the radiator we took from a crewmembers stock civic.

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/rcrew12hr...um?.dir=/enduro

Originally posted by chris@Dec 8 2003, 12:48 AM
dont know what place we finished. there was actually 2 enduros goin on. there was a 12hr and a 25hr. most of the field, what was left of it, kept on going after the 12hrs.

we couldnt afford tires, gas, spare motor, tranny, susp, ect for the 25hrs. maybe next year?

How many miles did you rack up during the 12 hours? Did you switch off driving duties? How fast were you going? I did a roadtrip to Texas in October, 2100 miles in 28 hours. I was stuck in traffic around Houston for about an hour though and slept for two hours in Alabama... so enduro sounds like something that I'd like to try. :)

My buddy was wrenching for Mazdaspeed... he is on the right with the backwards hat...
aad.sized.jpg

It looked like it was fun...

Back