$13,000 spent and this what happened

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BodyDroppedNikes

...PENDEJO....
VIP
some of you may have seen the pictures i posted in the Gallery from this weekend at Indy Truck Bash, and came across a picture of a rusty shelled car. there is a story behind it. the owner sent his car, an 88-91 Honda CRX (not sure of exact year) to this guy named Bewley to get almost $13,000 worth of custom work done to it to make it into a full show car. as you can see the car was supposed to be a 'vert. Bewley cut the top off and did some other work to it. you cant really tell in the pics, but all the cutting and welding was complete shit. a 2 year old could do a better job. the antenna was supposed to be frenched in, that too was a complete shit job..and thats a relatively "simple" thing to do. anyways, Bewley took the guys money and ran. here is what $13,000 looks like spent on a car that will never be:

the rear shot:

s3f40498599d18.jpg

the front:

s3f404994900c1.jpg

the receipts shown the $13,000 spent:

s3f4049a504e32.jpg

the owner had people sign on a piece poster board of who had gotten ripped off and how much they got ripped off. one guy i seen had gotten $20,000 ripped off him. rumor had it that the Bewley guy was at the show. i hope he saw that car and i hope the guy beat his ass because i sure as hell would have.

R.I.P rusted CRX :(

:wtf: :violin:
who the hell pays for custom work IN ADVANCE and to someone they haven't checked references on beforehand. If you're that stupid, you deserve to have someone take your money.

You'd have thrown it away to someone else!

Of course, after realizing what happened, that's a very effective way of warning some other idiot not to be, well, an idiot.

I dont think it really looks all that bad. I would throw a quick walmart parking lot style paint job on, some altezzas, 20"s, and rock that fucker. Its a convertable rex yO!

Originally posted by JDMilan@Aug 20 2003, 09:06 PM
damn that shit is hot son, but then again that is why I do my own work.

Milan

Doin it yourself is really the only way. Even if you fuck it up, youll learn from it and be a better person. I for example am trying my hand at some heavy duty body work :eek: . I havnt used a tig welder in a long time and no, its not like riding a bike :D

Originally posted by TrailorParkPimp@Aug 18 2003, 09:33 PM
some of you may have seen the pictures i posted in the Gallery from this weekend at Indy Truck Bash, and came across a picture of a rusty shelled car. there is a story behind it. the owner sent his car, an 88-91 Honda CRX (not sure of exact year) to this guy named Bewley to get almost $13,000 worth of custom work done to it to make it into a full show car. as you can see the car was supposed to be a 'vert. Bewley cut the top off and did some other work to it. you cant really tell in the pics, but all the cutting and welding was complete shit. a 2 year old could do a better job. the antenna was supposed to be frenched in, that too was a complete shit job..and thats a relatively "simple" thing to do. anyways, Bewley took the guys money and ran. here is what $13,000 looks like spent on a car that will never be:

the rear shot:

s3f40498599d18.jpg

the front:

s3f404994900c1.jpg

the receipts shown the $13,000 spent:

s3f4049a504e32.jpg

the owner had people sign on a piece poster board of who had gotten ripped off and how much they got ripped off. one guy i seen had gotten $20,000 ripped off him. rumor had it that the Bewley guy was at the show. i hope he saw that car and i hope the guy beat his ass because i sure as hell would have.

R.I.P rusted CRX :(

well, im sure if the guy had 13,000 to spare for all that body work...

he should have met other people who got jacked by this guy, and taken up
a collection of 250-500 a piece. Then they coulda pooled all the money to
hire a competant hitman or an italian "business man" to find the guy and either

a) collect
B) break all his bones and collect
c) kill him

Some dumb bitch tried to pull that shit on my buddy when she was working for him....no matter how many times she moved, he STILL was able to find her.

Funny how people somehow come up with the money they stole when their
two year old daughter's safety and well-being is threatened :lol:

that is fucking terrible. Hopefully what goes around comes around for that guy, and from the sounds of it, he has something like an abram tank circling around his ass.

Thread hijack in progress...

TPP, where did you get that avatar? I've been looking all over for that. It's from the car commercial that used Mr. Oizo's "Flatbeat" as a sountrack. Goddam, nice find.

My god, if I payed someone to do body work on my car and it came back like that, I would seriously probably attempt to end the guy's life or atleast sue his ass under some odd law.

That really sucks for the owner too, there goes 13k downt he tube and a car.

If ne1 is familiar with the BIG WOOD PROJECT on gaugemagazine.com Bewely's in INDY also did that suburban....The Estimate was one price but the total was 10,000 more. Bewely has ripped off many people many times. He makes u pay up front an uses that money to finish off some elses ride. Then ur ride sits till someone else comes to get they're sh*t done an he uses their money to do yours. :fuckyou: BEWLEY'S.....the same goes for WILT BILT

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Aug 21 2003, 10:58 AM
Thread hijack in progress...

TPP, where did you get that avatar? I've been looking all over for that. It's from the car commercial that used Mr. Oizo's "Flatbeat" as a sountrack. Goddam, nice find.

found it in some guys signature on Nissan Minis. if you wanna use it, go for it..i can change it

Originally posted by Krazy4379@Aug 21 2003, 12:37 PM
If ne1 is familiar with the BIG WOOD PROJECT on gaugemagazine.com Bewely's in INDY also did that suburban....The Estimate was one price but the total was 10,000 more. Bewely has ripped off many people many times. He makes u pay up front an uses that money to finish off some elses ride. Then ur ride sits till someone else comes to get they're sh*t done an he uses their money to do yours. :fuckyou: BEWLEY'S.....the same goes for WILT BILT

yup..i saw the Big Wood 'burban at ITB. i dig the paint job and wheels on it. a buddy of mine who helped on it some said it was a pile of shit. i liked it...

heres the Big Wood Project:

s3f4042756dde2.jpg

HAHAHA I remember that Icon as the one a BADASS body guy named Adam used to use on Hondamod.com back in the day... Thanks for saying the name of that song, it rocks, and I've been trying to think of it since I saw the icon first come up under TPP's ID. ;)

Originally posted by Tonyd0821@Aug 20 2003, 09:21 PM
a collection of 250-500 a piece. Then they coulda pooled all the money to
hire a competant hitman or an italian "business man" to find the guy

:lmao:

Back