13 second GSR?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Or you could always throw a b18c1 in a crx and boost that. That would be teh sex.

Or you could always throw a b18c1 in a crx and boost that. That would be teh sex.
Mmmmmmm. Last winter I was on my way to a built, boosted, LSV in a CRX. I'm still pissed I lost my job and had to sell everything.

N/A honda that runs low 14's ,can take a corner, and whip-up on Mustangs.....

Buy an S2000.:D

you can beat mach 1's and Cobra's with that s2000? it was already stated that the mach 1 runs 13's...not exactly what he was looking for, but I do love an S2000, they are very nice :thumbsup:

He's got a point. A lighter car would be faster and get better MPG. Something to think about with a low budget DD.

Right on. Also depending upon what kind of condition you have the Integra in, and what Kind the Eg hatch is, you can most likely get a hatch for less than an Integra...especially a Gsr. A friend of mine has a CRVtec hatch and it kicks ass. I myself have a B16 SiR2 Eg Hatch and I love it. The reason I chose the B16 was for the time, money, and ease of installation. If I would have had the Money and time to spend on it I would have def. gone with a CRVtec, it gives you good power and torque (which unfortunately most B series engines lack). But just like Slushboxteggy said, and the point I was trying to make. A light car with a crvtec (assuming that is the exact motor you still want) set up with a few mod's will get you alot closer to the overall goals you are looking for opposed to putting it in an Integra.

I see... you guys are right, i have NO clue as to anything about hondas... i got time to do research before i do anything though. Subarus are totally different cars, so i'm just trying to explore a bit and see what options i have.

I guess i'll probably go boost, but the point is to just have a FUN (keyword) daily that gets good MPG. i pick the integra because i like the way it looks, and i like the interior. Not to mention i want to do the JDM front conversion right away

Ok, so i talked to my friend today and he told me the b18 w/ b16 heads is a good NA option (ls/vtec he called it).

i may just go with a B20 bottom end and use the GSR head then eventually boost it. right now its to have a nice daily driver thats fun.

budget is the key word here though, if anything i would love to just get an already mildly modded integra than just convert the front end and be done with it.

must we bench race?

OP
you are thinking about 13 seconds because? that is slow BTW

if you want a quick fix and since you have a "420hp wrx". you should have money SOoo your best choice is a k20a... done

simple as that. you want quick reliable honda power... K series is what you need.

if you just want 13 seconds buy an LS and use nitrous... done

next useless thread... please

you can beat mach 1's and Cobra's with that s2000? it was already stated that the mach 1 runs 13's...not exactly what he was looking for, but I do love an S2000, they are very nice :thumbsup:

Alot of guys with I/H/E are dropping 13.6's-13.8's consistantly. I myself have only mustered a 13.89 ONCE but average 14.0-14.1 with similar mods. ^_^ Ive ran with a MACH 1 on the interstate ( probally would have owned me from a dig ) and I pulled a half a car link on him everytime the guy shifted, that was a three honk, 55-135 mph run. He gave me the thumbs up and we parted ways. Never ran a cobra though....I really wouldn't worry about the pre-99 cobras. Besides, I thought he just meant mustangs in general.:confused:

Ok, so i talked to my friend today and he told me the b18 w/ b16 heads is a good NA option (ls/vtec he called it).

i may just go with a B20 bottom end and use the GSR head then eventually boost it. right now its to have a nice daily driver thats fun.

budget is the key word here though, if anything i would love to just get an already mildly modded integra than just convert the front end and be done with it.

Fun is all in how YOU take it. I've owned plenty of cars, but by far the FUNNEST d.d. I've owned was my 87 CRX Si in stock trim

Oh and I wouldn't put LS/Vtec and reliable in the same sentence, atleast from the posts Ive seen here at honda swap.

I wouldn't put LS/Vtec and reliable in the same sentence, atleast from the posts Ive seen here at honda swap.

That depends on how well it's assembled...

I agree with Brutal. A well-built LSV will be just as reliable as any stock motor. It's all the hack-jobs out there that make it unreliable.

As for the CRVtec--torque. You can actually feel it. If any two words don't usually go in the same sentence, it's torque and Honda.

Why not just drop the B20 in there and have fun?

Thats why I said "from what Ive heard here at HS". I know about the combo and how strong it is, but for someone just jumping on the swap band wagon....probally not a good idea. He just recently heard of what a LS/Vtec combo is. Hell that was the first time he ever heard the term LS/Vtec! Pulling off the swap is gonna be a hurdle he has to over come first. I think I'm with george777 on this one though. If you are hell bent on swapping instead of just replacing the block, why not just swap the B20 and leave it at that? ( Atleast until you crave more power. )

It doesn't take much for a car to be fun. Its all in what you think is fun.

Last edited:
My B20 with a B16 tranny is fun. Lots of fun. And it's got enough power to make me happy, but not so much to make it a burden to drive, or become a traction issue in the rain, etc.

You know Something else that hasn't been said is that there is no such thing as a "budget build". I mean what is your budget? you keep saying budget build, but haven't really given us a estimate on what your willing to spend... no matter what way you go it's going to be a lot more expensive than you originally plan. what kind of budget you working with?

Alot of guys with I/H/E are dropping 13.6's-13.8's consistantly. I myself have only mustered a 13.89 ONCE but average 14.0-14.1 with similar mods. ^_^ Ive ran with a MACH 1 on the interstate ( probally would have owned me from a dig ) and I pulled a half a car link on him everytime the guy shifted, that was a three honk, 55-135 mph run. He gave me the thumbs up and we parted ways. Never ran a cobra though....I really wouldn't worry about the pre-99 cobras. Besides, I thought he just meant mustangs in general.:confused:

Ahh gotcha...I guess what I was more referring to was the Mach 1's and the Cobras because around where I live there are quite a few Cobras driving around. Especially the news one's which push about 500hp I believe. and like you said on the Mach 1 you ran with prob woulda got you on a dig. Plus we are still working with an integra here not an s2000, your saying i/h/e s2000 can do 13's. You do a GSR integra and do a I/h/e set up you prob wouldn't even break a 15..Huge Difference. I guess the point I am trying to get across would be if you want 13 sec GSR, take the word BUDGET out of the picture unless he has more of budget than what most people refer to as a budget.

Last edited:
must we bench race?

OP
you are thinking about 13 seconds because? that is slow BTW

if you want a quick fix and since you have a "420hp wrx". you should have money SOoo your best choice is a k20a... done

simple as that. you want quick reliable honda power... K series is what you need.

if you just want 13 seconds buy an LS and use nitrous... done

next useless thread... please

13 Sec's is slow? I would have to disagree...a 13 Second GSR Integra as a DD would not be slow IMO. Yeah it's not a 10 second or less 1/4 at the track type car, but I would have to say a 13 second car is pretty quick and def. not slow, especially in terms of speaking of a DD. And althought k20a is prob. the best motor swap in terms of power and speed, not exactly the first motor swap to recommend to a guy that is just getting into hondas and doing his first Swap.

gsr + jrsc should do the trick:D

He hit the nail on the head. Thats your best bet.
Easiest install, most reliable if you look at all the factors.

Turbo can be a pain getting all the parts + install & making things fit, not to mention it probably won't last past a year. Tuning is crucial...

NA is awesome but $$$
I suggest it if you knew how to assemble the motor to save money.

JRSC - In my opinion, the best bang for the buck on the street for some fun.
Easy install & reliable on a stock motor with good output.

Ahh gotcha...I guess what I was more referring to was the Mach 1's and the Cobras because around where I live there are quite a few Cobras driving around. Especially the news one's which push about 500hp I believe. and like you said on the Mach 1 you ran with prob woulda got you on a dig. Plus we are still working with an integra here not an s2000, your saying i/h/e s2000 can do 13's. You do a GSR integra and do a I/h/e set up you prob wouldn't even break a 15..Huge Difference. I guess the point I am trying to get across would be if you want 13 sec GSR, take the word BUDGET out of the picture unless he has more of budget than what most people refer to as a budget.

Agreed, I just said go buy an S2000 because he wanted something reliable, a good D.D., 14s in the quarter, and could take a turn. Sounds like an S2000 to me:confused: After the money invested to make a GSR run flat 14's consistantly, he could have one. Hell a used RSX would be even cheaper.

I know he probally isn't looking to spend $10,000-$14,000 on an S2000, but it could be considered...... depending on this "budget" he has.

....and MACH1's make similar numbers compared to the new GT's. This doesn't impress me. Did I mention I've test driven one of those ^_^

And althought k20a is prob. the best motor swap in terms of power and speed, not exactly the first motor swap to recommend to a guy that is just getting into hondas and doing his first Swap.

the guy has a 400hp wrx.... he knows how to turn a wrench or pay some one....

&
what i meant by 13 sec is slow... is that its not that hard a simple LS with a 100 shot will get him low 13 maybe 12 depending on platform.. and its 2008 not 1998 you can run 11-12 seconds with a SOHC DD with a snail fairly easy...

Back