13 second GSR?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

the guy has a 400hp wrx.... he knows how to turn a wrench or pay some one....

&
what i meant by 13 sec is slow... is that its not that hard a simple LS with a 100 shot will get him low 13 maybe 12 depending on platform.. and its 2008 not 1998 you can run 11-12 seconds with a SOHC DD with a snail fairly easy...

well yeah but 11-12 seconds with a snail may be fairly easy, but not fairly cheap. Budget was the key word here, and at first he didn't want to go turbo. I am still just waiting to hear what kind of budget he is talking about,I think that is going to be the key factor here, because if he is on lets say a 4K budget...K series is out of the question, and 4K won't be enough to get an integra into the 13's. It wouldn't be enough to get any motor into the 13's, UNLESS they already have the motor and they just snap a turbo or S/C up there WITHOUT rebuilding anything, and in my opinion, i dunno about with a S/C but with a turbo if you want to even mention the word reliability you need to do some rebuilding. Now I know they say you can boost about 200WHP or so on stock internals or whatever but if thats all he can get out of it why not Just put a type R put in there or even an H22A type S ( if he doesn't want to go turbo)

Agreed, I just said go buy an S2000 because he wanted something reliable, a good D.D., 14s in the quarter, and could take a turn. Sounds like an S2000 to me:confused: After the money invested to make a GSR run flat 14's consistantly, he could have one. Hell a used RSX would be even cheaper.

I know he probally isn't looking to spend $10,000-$14,000 on an S2000, but it could be considered...... depending on this "budget" he has.

....and MACH1's make similar numbers compared to the new GT's. This doesn't impress me. Did I mention I've test driven one of those ^_^

one of what? new Gt's? or the New Shelby GT, that sucker looks bad ass...and I won't lie I love my honda more than anything, especially with the B16 but IF i had the money better believe I would be driving around in something like that lol I wouldn't even mind an S2000 but those shelby's are so bad

Shelby anything shouldn't even be held in comparison to a GSR, except the omni and daytona, but who gives a damn about those?;) When I say GT, I mean GT...not GT350, GT500/500KR, hell not even GT40!!!.

Now I know they say you can boost about 200WHP or so on stock internals or whatever but if thats all he can get out of it why not Just put a type R put in there or even an H22A type S ( if he doesn't want to go turbo)

because if he is on lets say a 4K budget...K series is out of the question, and 4K won't be enough to get an integra into the 13's

newb statments at best.....^_^

the guy has a 400hp wrx.... he knows how to turn a wrench or pay some one....

&
what i meant by 13 sec is slow... is that its not that hard a simple LS with a 100 shot will get him low 13 maybe 12 depending on platform.. and its 2008 not 1998 you can run 11-12 seconds with a SOHC DD with a snail fairly easy...

CHURCH!! But the K20 swap on his own is a tall order for someone that has never swapped an engine....but likeyou said, he's got money!!:cool:

Shelby anything shouldn't even be held in comparison to a GSR, except the omni and daytona, but who gives a damn about those?;) When I say GT, I mean GT...not GT350, GT500/500KR, hell not even GT40!!!.

newb statments at best.....^_^

I wasn't comparing a Shelby to a GSR , but that is still a mustang and he said he wanted to beat mustangs, and the only reason I used the 4k as an example is because since this guy is a newb to honda motors he might be thinking that's all of the money he will need or want to put in the GSR...obviously he has money but since the majority of Honda's have a reputation of being Inexpensive fun I just thought I would let him know that the K series swap would be a very costly project, I mean he had never heard of ls/vtec before So i would imagine that when the guy said something about k20a it probably meant nothin to him but Numbers and letters,and yeah it may be a newb statement at it's best but were dealing with a newb to Honda's hear so why not break everything down so he will know

Man i had a fully loaded body kit wheels and all lsv 4DOOR with only a cat-back apexi n1 exhaust mugen header and a 50 shot of nitrous(just for sh*ts and giggles) running consistent 14.20 that was my daily driver. if your going for the crv low-end vtech head just tune it and throw on some spray i mean if you looking for the daily driver with good gas mileage i wouldnt go boost because ur goingto be constantly dumping fuel in it even when ur not at the track

Man i had a fully loaded body kit wheels and all lsv 4DOOR with only a cat-back apexi n1 exhaust mugen header and a 50 shot of nitrous(just for sh*ts and giggles) running consistent 14.20 that was my daily driver. if your going for the crv low-end vtech head just tune it and throw on some spray i mean if you looking for the daily driver with good gas mileage i wouldnt go boost because ur goingto be constantly dumping fuel in it even when ur not at the track
Grammar, punctuation, and it's spelled VTEC. A vtech head would be a part off a cheap phone.

as long as you stay out of boost you won't get bad gas mileage, having a turbo and driving it like you have sense (out of boost) it can actually help your gas mileage out ( from what I have researched) but even if it don't help it,it still won't hurt it. How you drive the car will determine a lot of your gas mileage

as long as you stay out of boost you won't get bad gas mileage, having a turbo and driving it like you have sense (out of boost) it can actually help your gas mileage out ( from what I have researched) but even if it don't help it,it still won't hurt it. How you drive the car will determine a lot of your gas mileage
Yea, there was a turbo Integra for sale on here a little while back that was getting better mpg then my stock-ish Integra even though he had more than double the hp.

Yeah I get 35-37 mpg on the highway. Around town I drive pretty spirited and am in boost often, so mileage dips to the teens.

ditto...I am not getting too great of gas mileage with my SiR2 right now, but It's hard not to hit vtec, that sound is orgasmic, the changeover is SoOoO loud too. But where has the guy that started this thread gone too? lol

You know Something else that hasn't been said is that there is no such thing as a "budget build". I mean what is your budget? you keep saying budget build, but haven't really given us a estimate on what your willing to spend... no matter what way you go it's going to be a lot more expensive than you originally plan. what kind of budget you working with?

i'd like to keep it around 4k all said and done, i do all the work myself and i tend to prefer to buy used parts to keep the price down, this is all about doing best bang for your buck so to speak, but i am not familiar with hondas in the slightest way lol.

Most of you guys seem to say that the b20 swap will suffice with simple bolt ons, do you mean the b20 with the GSR head?

Fun to me is a car that can go around the corner but isn't as slow as a slug :)

being able to beat the average stock sports car would be great, such as g35s.. and older mustangs. considering they all run mid-low 14s it shouldn't be too high of a goal right?

a b20 without the vtec head swap on it wouldn't be enough to do hardly anything in an integra. It wouldn't be bad because if I am correct on numbers it gives about 146 hp and 134 lb/tq, which would be a lot more noticeable in a lighter car. But a CRVtec will give you a lot more power and Torque. I still think the biggest problem is the car though. It doesn't matter what swap you chose, in that heavy integra it's gonna take a lot more to be able to beat the car's you want to beat. A stock 2008 civic Si does about a 14.9 with good driving I believe, and I would guess that car is closer to the weight of an integra, and that car has 200hp (197 to be exact) and about 154 lb/tq. So you would need similar hp/tq specs to get into the 14's. But if those mustangs and a G35 do low to mid 14's you'll need to invest a lot more money than the amount of money your looking to spend. Unless you can find good deals on parts. That about all I can really tell you, the guys up here can prob lead you ina better direction they have a lot more experience than I do, but through the research I have done that is what I know so...I think it is still going to come down to if you can find a good deal on a motor, that runs good and then go Boost. Boost will get you where you want to be, but I don't know if your budget will allow you to do everything. It could if you boost a stock B-series motor to about 200-225 whp which i think is as high as you should go on stock internals. Hopefully someone else could give you a little more information on the swaps and what you will need to do.

Last edited:
the reason i choose integra is because i like the black leather interior and IMO is alot nicer than alot of the other hondas out there. i also will do the JDM front end conversion which is why i want the integra.

since it will be my daily driver, i dont need to do it all at once... maybe i'll boost it in the long run but as long as its a fun right now i'll be happy.

what do you mean by "CRVtec" and b20 swap... as far as im aware, the b20 is the crv engine, right... which doesnt have vtec. so i thought i could use the b20 bottom end and swap on a vtec head (like a gsr head) and be done with it?

i think i just want to do the cheapest route possible for the best bang/buck.

like would it be, ls/vtec, b18 w/ b16 head, b20 w/ vtec head... etc.

everything will be bought used, and taking my time on it so i make sure i find good deals.

what do you mean by "CRVtec" and b20 swap... as far as im aware, the b20 is the crv engine, right... which doesnt have vtec. so i thought i could use the b20 bottom end and swap on a vtec head (like a gsr head) and be done with it?

Your close, put 2 and 2 togather. The B20 is the CRV motor, no it does not have VTEC. When you put a VTEC head on it, it becomes a CRV/VTEC if you will. Thats long for CR/VTEC. Its prety much the same as an LS/VTEC, with a bigger bore (thiner sleeves), and other minor differences in the block. Just get an LS and build an LS/VTEC, you wont be disappointed.

a b20 without the vtec head swap on it wouldn't be enough to do hardly anything in an integra. It wouldn't be bad because if I am correct on numbers it gives about 146 hp and 134 lb/tq, which would be a lot more noticeable in a lighter car. But a CRVtec will give you a lot more power and Torque.

How do you figure? A B20Z produces those numbers, and a B20B produces 126h/132t. How is that not enough? Have you looked at the numbers that a B18A put out? The numbers aren't that different. A B20 with a B16 tranny is a fun car, and it is more than enough to move an Integra.

How do you figure? A B20Z produces those numbers, and a B20B produces 126h/132t. How is that not enough? Have you looked at the numbers that a B18A put out? The numbers aren't that different. A B20 with a B16 tranny is a fun car, and it is more than enough to move an Integra.

It will get it moving but not like he want's it to move, and yeah I know the numbers are similar to a B18A but that's kinda my point. Putting in a b20 is almost like having just a stock LS, and a stock LS in an integra wouldn't hang with mustang's and g35's. IMO Unless You have a GSR or Type R integra, all the other one's are pretty much slow (stock that is) and I am not trying to offend anyone with a stock LS, but going by what I think he wants...i mean going from a 420hp WRX to a 140hp Integra,,, and I know FUN is what you make it, I mean I used to have fun in my hatch with a D15b7 (102HP/??TQ)...but I don't think he would be happy with just a B20 in there, even with a B16 Tranny. I guess what I was basically saying is its not going to get him moving like he want's it to move, I think he would be disappointed with just a b20 swapped integra, which brings me to my next point in my response to him..

Last edited:
Back