13 second GSR?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

since it will be my daily driver, i dont need to do it all at once... maybe i'll boost it in the long run but as long as its a fun right now i'll be happy.

If that is the case, and you get a GSR Integra...I would just find another GSR to put in there for the time being. Then all you would have to do is Put the motor in, pretty simple since it would be your 1st swap. you could prob do that in a couple hours even though you are just learning. OR if you could Find a TypeR to drop into it you would be even more happy with that. If you will be boosting later down the road, and just want something fun, I would go with one of those 2 swaps

Last edited:
what motor is the type R one?

the integra type R engine code is b18c1 (usdm) or b18c5 (jdm). there trannys are very short geared. as a comparison as from longer gears to shorter gears: GSR<B16 tranny<type r. ur mpg will suck on the interstate with the type r tranny, but with a type r motor u will have right at 200hp, which will put u in the high 14's in a integra body. if it were in a civic, u are looking closer to low 14's/high 13's.

or what would it take to do low 14s?

I had a 97' GSR All I had was DC 4 into 1 header (stainless) a self made exhuast 2.5 tubing, gutted converter into a greddy muffler. I had a vtec controller, AEM cam gears, AEM (CAI), Jacobs ignition (prostreet edt). I removed my PS and AC. Ran on street tires with 23psi. I ran 14.4.

wait, so stick with the GSR motor then you're saying? what motor is the type R one?

yeah man basically that, or get a type R. Which is a B18c5, i dunno what that dude is talking about the B18c1 is the GSR. Honestly though if you could get the Type R do that, because that should bolt right in to your integra in place of the GSR. I believe the only thing you have to make sure of is (and this is what I was reading up on so anyone correct me if I cam wrong) The GSR is OBD-2 and I read somewhere that a type-R was OBD1, or there might have been an OBD1 and OBD2 I dunno. Please someone correct me if I am wrong, this is just something I read online. This article also said to make sure you have the correct distributor for the correct engine (obd1 or 2). But other than that from my research The TYPE R is a direct bolt in for a GSR. Both engines Lack torque, but the Type R has an automatic 20hp and 10lb/tq over the GSR. And with a 4k budget you should be able to get a type R somewhere, engine only and the have a little money left to play with some bolt-ons. But like I said I am not sure about the distributor thing so hopefully someone up here can tell me rather what I read was wrong or correct

I see...

ive been having second thoughts about an integra, i didnt realize how much heavier they really were compared to an EG6 or an EJ1.

i really like EJ1s, the reason i chose integra... like i said is because i like the interior and i think they look a lot sleeker. this is a daily driver though, a EJ1 would get way better MPG anyways because its about 5-600lbs lighter, right?

if i went the EJ1 route, what would it take to get to low 14s as easy as possible with the least money spent? Also i would be able to swap over black interior pieces and leather seats etc from other hondas... such as integras, right?

the order goes like this for my priorites in this car:

1.reliablity
2. comfort
3. economy
4. performance

handling is the most important aspect of the performance area, followed by acceleration.

i really like nicely done EJ1s, so i'm not sure at this point... maybe i'll go with one instead, probably cheaper too, right?

an ej with a gsr motor and bolt ons should get you to around 14 seconds pretty easy... and you can put integra interior in it with minor modification.

go with the EG6 and GSR swap..or if you want to save some money go with the B16 SiR2. .. but since you said you are going to buy used parts you can prob. find a GSR swap for a decent deal. But yeah an EG6 with a GSR and Bolt on's should get in into the 14's but I dunno about low to Mid 14's

My buddies totally gutted EG with a GSR swap ran like a 14.6. Hes got a CAI with stock manifold, he ran an open 4-1 header, and had an unknown tune on his ECU. So, with at least that and correct ECU, you should be able to make a sub 14.5 pass.

the integra type R engine code is b18c1 (usdm) or b18c5 (jdm). there trannys are very short geared. as a comparison as from longer gears to shorter gears: GSR<B16 tranny<type r. ur mpg will suck on the interstate with the type r tranny, but with a type r motor u will have right at 200hp, which will put u in the high 14's in a integra body. if it were in a civic, u are looking closer to low 14's/high 13's.

B18C1 = USDM GS-R
B18C5 = USDM Type R
B18C = JDM GS-R/SiR-G/Type R

Why don't you buy a hatchback and put a gsr engine in it. I have a 92 hatch with an ls block converted to vtec with a 95 gsr head. Also has jdm cams, intake manifold and a 99 si trans and vtec controler. Runs 12.4 in the quarter with slicks!!!!!!!!!!

Why don't you buy a hatchback and put a gsr engine in it. I have a 92 hatch with an ls block converted to vtec with a 95 gsr head. Also has jdm cams, intake manifold and a 99 si trans and vtec controler. Runs 12.4 in the quarter with slicks!!!!!!!!!!

prove it or :bs:

Get a real tuning solution and toss that crappy, outdated VTEC controller away and see how much better your times are.

But yeah, I agree with eg6sir, prove it please...

Back