13 Second Hb

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

briant97

What I want is a 13 second daily driver that is reliable and doesnt cost to much. I think for right now 13 seconds is going to be fast enough. I just don't really know what I am getting into yet I mean I know there are a lot of combo's I could do but I'm trying to find the best possible solution for what I want to do. I really want to stay away from NOS because I think it is a hassle. I want to get 13 seconds out of this car with full interior and also have AC in the car. I dont want to give up little luxurys to go fast. Plus in a real street race you can't say wait im going to take out my seats and take off the door panels and all this. So to put it simply I want to run 13s stock interior, AC, and have a reliable motor with not to much out of pocket expense. I'm trying to find out from someone here what would be the best solution for that while staying away from NOS and still being pretty easy on the old wallet. I used the quarter mile calclulator at evotuners and figured i need 230 to do 13.0 that is with my car weight 2094 lbs which is what edmunds says the 1992 cx hb weighs. I posted this on civicland forum and didn't get much of what I was looking for so I'm coming straight to the source hondaswap.com figured I would get better ideas here.

dude that calculator is about as accurate as a piece of shit on a place is for a compass.probably the only way u will hit 13's with Turbo or supercharger, if u dont want Nitrous. a well built and boosted B20, B18b, should get u low 14's or 13's depending on build. and a b18c1 might get u there with a little bit lower build. 5-8 psi should be enough. b/c ur car will have full interior, ( even tho its a hb) i would go b20/T, make sure the b20 is built to handle it of course, then get an LS tranny, and u should be able to get into the 13's with 8 psi, depending on ur skill, and conditions of course.

first you need to add you and anything else you might have in the car to that weight figure

and the 13.0 is under perfect conditions (they dont exist)

so
the first and most important thing to figure out is exactly how much you want to spend
there are several routes to 13's

do you want to go FI or NA
if FI do you want turbo or supercharger
if supercharger do you want roots type or centrifugal

give us a realistic budget and we can help you a little more
and dont say "cheapest setup possible"

Originally posted by briant97@May 28 2003, 01:12 PM
What I want is a 13 second daily driver that is reliable and doesnt cost to much.

:lol: Don't we all, don't we all...a fast car that was cheap...imagine... :rolleyes:

Anyway like sleeper_crx said, you need to go the FI route to get into the 13s w/o nitrous. ( Its cheaper to build a FI 13 sec. car than 13 sec. all motor.) To be reliable you will need to have a motor with a good bulid and tuned properly (this is pretty obivous). And where is this quarter mile calculator thingee??? I think it is a little off... :D

you do not NEED to go FI for 13's
a B18C with boltons and the right tuning can get him there

highly built NA motor will get you to 13. many mild-high tuned turbo cars can run 10sec.

My old B20 build was easily mid 13 capable- I just never ran it enough to get there. We'll see how fast I can go on the new build.

These guys are right though- you don't need obscene amounts of power to break 13s in a car that only weighs slightly over a ton.

By the way- most of the people on CL are idiots. There are a few people that know what they're talking about, but I've pretty much given up on that board.

Since you have a lighter CX, You can hit 13's easy going all motor, shit I did it with a stock longblock b16 but my car was gutted, it weighed in a final of 1980 at the track.

I say,
Comptech Icebox
JDM ITR motor
CTR intake cam
Cam gears
7lb flywheel
clutch
Hondata
15 inch light rims (like the regamaster)

and 13's no problem at all, shit, you might hit 12's...............Have seen it through kenji's old ride

Milan

u do not need to go FI or watever, since u have a light ass CX u can buy a h22 and will easily hit 13s, a jdm type S wit LSD or just a jdm h22 will easily get you in the the 13 range with no problem.

I dont really have a budget I was going to plan on how to get there once I figured out what motor and everything I was going to get. I didnt say I wanted to go cheap as possible I just want to go as easy on the wallet as I can whether that be getting like a b16a sir2 with turbo or going with a b18c1 with build up. I'm just not sure what would be the best way to go as of right now. I want to hit 13 flat at least with stock interior and me I weight 180 lbs and still have the AC on the car. I'm really trying to find the most cost effective way to get to 13's in this hatch. I dont know if that would be with an h22a and build up or with b20 and build on or turbo. I just want to get to 13's in this thing and still be able to drive it everyday. I wish I had it the other day when I was in cincinnati ohio. I was on this street with two lanes but people could park in the curb lane and I was at the light with a toyota tacoma and it turned green and I took off as hard as I could but he knew I was going to try and get around him before I ran into the car that was parked on the street. I stayed right beside him with him just a nose hair in front. I couldn't get around him and had to slam on the breaks man was I pissed I just wished I had something done to my car where I could have left him sitting at the light..heheheh. I figure if I can run 13's I will be able to keep up with most performance cars on the road plus I just don't need to get to crazy with it.

check out www.dh-racing.com .great site.Turbo Ready 9sec B16A

This B16A can handle up to 30lbs. of pressure and we currently dyno at 556 hp. This motor has hundreds of man ours of trial, error, and experimentation to make sure you get a reliable source of brute power. If you want the ultimate in performance and reliablity for this amount of power there is no other.

Motor comes bored, honed, hot tanked, decked and fully blueprinted. Oversized Low Compression Arias Pistons, Eagle/Stock Rods. Ported Head with 3 angle Valve job.

Full Swap is available for $6700 coming with ported intake manifold, 72MM bore throttle body, mounts, tranny, ECU, lightened flywheel, 6 puck clutch, distributor and a Dh-Racing Power Pulley that provides dyno proven 10%WHP alone.
thats what im savin for.this sounds about right for you. Naturally Aspirated Race B16A

If you are looking for the natural way of things then we have have your solution. A fully built naturually aspirated B16A capable of pulling your machine down the quarter in 12.5 seconds...

Motor comes bored, honed, hot tanked, decked and fully blueprinted. Oversized Integra Type R Design Pistons, Stock Rods. Ported Head with 3 angle Valve job.

Full Swap is available for $5800 coming with ported intake manifold, Big bore throttle body, mounts, tranny, ECU, lightened flywheel, 6 puck clutch, distributor and a Dh-Racing Power Pulley that provides dyno proven 10%WHP alone.
hope this helps

Yeah, seriously, check out b-series.net. A guy with a relatively stock type r w/ intake and tein's ran a 14.3 and has the time slip to prove it.

A type r motor alone, comptech icebox, tein's my guess with a little more modification like lightened fly wheel, vafc, and stickier tires w/ light weight 15's, easily could get a cx into the mid 13's consistently I think maybe even lower times like low 13's w/ good driving. The best part of this is that the dependability of the basic bolt ons, and the brilliantly built type r motor meant to be raced.

My friend run 13.4 in the quarter mile with his GS-R with the a/c and power steering belts with jun stage 3 cams, springs and retainers, type r valves, civic type r pistons, integra type r header, phantom grip lsd, b16 transmission, 8lb flywheel, tanabe cat back exhaust, skunk 2 intake manifold, gs-r ecu with chip, cam sprokets, aem intake, but the head was stock and he run this time with all the interiors and with normal street tires, not nitto drag or something like this. I think that if you use a combination like this in your car you will run 13.0 like you want or a best time with a good tires. You only need to spend a few hours in a dyno and make a good setting in the car. ;)

u guyz are nuts my boy has a 93 hb civic, just dropped a b16 in it like 2 weeks ago wit intake and exhaust and took it to the track this past weekend and ran a 14.2 so i dont think 13s would be all that hard...plus there is a nother guy on another website with a 92hb with h22 with intake and exhaust running 13.3s

Back