1320 A West Coast Story

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

then he can send it to me when he's done

I have been contacted by the producer of this video and he is planning to send me a promotional copy. I should have it in a week or so and will tell you guys how it is.

Sweet let me know when you are going to watch it. I'll sneak up to your living room window and watch it from there.

i fuckin love it....

everyone bitches that no one ever makes decent movies about the real import scene
someone finally takes the time and puts in the money and effort to make a movie that looks like it will actually be a decent and fair depiction of the scene and all of you cheap fuckers want to see it for free or will likely steal it from a P2P site

:disgust1:

spend the fucking $20 and buy the god damn movie
even if it sucks... im sure youve all pissed away $20 on far more worthless shit before

eh, i'll end up buying it.

i have never, and will never illegally download movies.
not my cup of tea.

Ill buy it simply for the reasons that E stated. Hell even if I procure some picture shows in other ways its a preview service for me. If its good I go out and buy the 25 dollar limited edition directors cut or whatever. Plus I have Netflix.

i fuckin love it....

everyone bitches that no one ever makes decent movies about the real import scene
someone finally takes the time and puts in the money and effort to make a movie that looks like it will actually be a decent and fair depiction of the scene and all of you cheap fuckers want to see it for free or will likely steal it from a P2P site

:disgust1:

spend the fucking $20 and buy the god damn movie
even if it sucks... im sure youve all pissed away $20 on far more worthless shit before
I'm pretty sure we all meant what we said as a joke. I've already bought it. Just haven't received.

It seems reasonably priced. Plus its nice to see a documentary based on the stuff we like.

Omniman B16 build is still high priced....years and years old now and still not available through other avenues :wink:

Oh sorry, I forgot to tell you guys how it was. I bought it 2 weeks ago...

It was ok. The trailor really does make it seem better than it actually is, just like most movies anyway.

IMO, it's more of a documentary on how street racing started and where it is today. It's not about just the big street racing boom from the last 5-10 years.

I guess I was expecting more actual street racing clips than what is in the movie. I'm not real happy with the purchase of this DVD but I am satisfied with it.

I bought Pursuit of Function on DVD from Weksos. Likely will buy this.

1320 - A West Coast Story
Street Racing

1320 takes a documentary approach of the street racing scene in greater California and the issues surrounding it. Starting with historical references to the muscle car era, the rise of sanctioned groups such as the NHRA, the main theme of the documentary is that there will always be street racing for two main reasons.
First, tracks are limited, not convenient, and the ones that do exist are facing financial difficulties and are facing the possibility of closing.
Second, the light-to-light races will likely never end due to 'men being men'.

The movie takes you to the streets and shows some clips of street races and interviews some street racers. Just when you are worked up and excited about the concept, the writers bring in the sad side to street racing- accidents, car impounding, tickets, and even deaths and life-long injuries.

All in all, it was a nice historical representation of what happens on the 'other coast' from me. I've never been out west and haven't seen any thing quite like what they represent first hand. If you're expecting footage over and over again of street races and hot cars, you will be a bit disappointed. While there are a few scenes of actual street races, most of the movie is interviews and topics surrounding why street racing exists and the inherit nature and problems therein.

Fortunately, there is no "Michael Moore" attitude in this documentary. The filmmakers present the material as it is and do not offer their own opinion or narration on any concepts one way or another. It's nice to see an objective documentary on a topic which we are all familiar.

Last edited:
Back