1320 On Stock GSR

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

2fastaccord

Anyone know right off hand what a stock GSR b18c1 should run in the 1320?

Peace*

Thanks man. I was wondering because once I get the ZC engine in my car with a few bolt ons the power to weight ratio will be about the same or slightly better than that of a GSR. I was trying to get an idea of what Quarter times I would be running.

Peace*

The GSR has a slightly better power to weight ratio than the Civic Si and the Civic Si runs a 15.7 according to the reference section. So it should be like mid 15's I guess for a GSR.

Who on here has a ZC powered CRX and if you do what are your et's looking like?

Peace*

also have to look at Tq numbers
what the power curves look like
gearing
traction
etc etc etc

Good point! The GSR has more torque to weight ratio than the Civic Si as well.

Peace*

My buddy ran 15.3 in a civic si, out of the box with just a ghetto ass intake. So yeah, most gsr's only run mid 15's, but a zc equipped civic can easily be a low 15 car give or take.

My wife's GSR runs 15.2 all day with only intake and complete MSD ignition.

Originally posted by indeskater@Jul 21 2003, 09:33 PM
your buddy didn't "run no" 15.3 in a stock si. gsr runs around 15.6 with a good driver and good holeshot

Umm, yeah he did. He had the car for about 2 weeks and then ran it with just an intake, and hit 15.3.

i know a guy with a odb1 3gen gsr that runs 14.9 with just CAI

it all depends on the driver

It all depends on the day the car was put together.

Mon/fri cars suck, because noone wants to be in the plant working. Tues/Thurs cars are "average", weds cars are hte bestest ones to get your hands on. ;)

the average time for 99-00 Civic Si's around here is mid to low 15's. I have seen ITR's with intakes run 14.3. The temp is also around 65-70 and we are in a river valley, though.

That's why. Being BELOW sea level has it's advantages.

We have some outrageous numbers run here, also. Low 15's in GSR's, high 15's in LS's. There are also some aweful aweful drivers putting cars back into "normal" territory as well, though.

Originally posted by SiR Kid@Jul 25 2003, 12:29 AM
That's why. Being BELOW sea level has it's advantages.

We have some outrageous numbers run here, also. Low 15's in GSR's, high 15's in LS's. There are also some aweful aweful drivers putting cars back into "normal" territory as well, though.

damn.. i need to move...i live in the fuckin appilachian(spelling? :gives: ) mountains

I ran my buddie's BONE STOCK 2000 model GSR with leather and all the options on the stock Michellin's to a 15.7 on a 90 degree day at the track.

I think it had a mid/low 15 in it on a cooler night with denser air, definitely.

Originally posted by 2fastaccord@Jul 10 2003, 03:47 PM
The GSR has a slightly better power to weight ratio than the Civic Si and the Civic Si runs a 15.7 according to the reference section. So it should be like mid 15's I guess for a GSR.

Who on here has a ZC powered CRX and if you do what are your et's looking like?

Peace*

high 14s in my zc powered rex with bolt ons, best run was like a 14.7 or so, worst run was like 17 something when my transmission went to hell :ph34r:

Back