1337 w00t

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EXtremeAccord

Finally, a CRX worth buying. Just found an '88 at a dealership for 2000, and going to sell my 91 cord for 2250 today. I am teh happy. Finally getting a 5-spd. Thank teh Gawd. Oh yeah, and driving the RX-8 is like piloting a rocket ship.

Good for you, man. Everyone should have something they're happy to drive.

Speaking of RX-8s... I hate people that get into technical discussions about rotaries and their intricacies, and then speed off shifting at 3500 RPM. :lol:

an 88 for 2 grand?!?!!?!? thats a little high. why is it so high? in retrospec, you are getting a car for free almost. so good job on that!

cause they hold their damn value and people want these cars. good find and i hope you like her

About the RX-8's... yeah. I don't even slip it into first without having it at atleast 4500. Shift between 4 and 5 non-speeding 7 and 9 speeding. Downshifting; you can seriously smoothly downshift on that baby from 7000 RPMs.

About the CRX - *clears throat* for 2000 bucks I get a 1988 CRX Si lowered via coil-overs (brand unknown), nice little generic short-ram intake, 96 GSR seats and shift knob, Apline stereo system, and the geenral look of the interior/exterior is beautiful (I'll get pictures once I get it). As for the engine it's got the (I'm pretty sure stock) D16 and is fast and smooth. This chick needs to hurry up and buy my car, I docked the price down 1500 for her ass!

:lolhammer:

honestly i'd pay alot for a perfectly stock car over someones car they modded. i've learned the hard way

Nothing too bad about it, really. The only thing the guy did to the engine was put the short-ram on it, which is similar to the one I got for the Accord. The seats and stick are just cool looking extras.

Well... son of a bitch... The chick buying my car won't have the money from selling HER car until Thursday. And from the look of this rex, I'm thinking the dealership just might have it sold by then. I will keep you guys posted. I WILL have a 5spd SOMETHING by the end of the week... but hopefully this CRX Si.

*side note: And I had just spent 50 bucks to get it smogged, JUST for her. Where's my sword?

I bought my SI off of a little asian girl who was the original owner. Nothing done to it but a CAI and some ground controls. Told me she babied it, never raced it, yada, yada, yada. Whaddya know, it had a bad ring. Just be carefull of modified cars. God knows I wouldn't want to buy back any of MY old cars... :p

shit any used Honda you buy is gonna be abused mechanically no matter what. its rare as fuck if you find one thats actually been babied by some 60 year old granny.

Originally posted by TrailorParkPimp@Nov 8 2004, 10:12 PM
shit any used Honda you buy is gonna be abused mechanically no matter what. its rare as fuck if you find one thats actually been babied by some 60 year old granny.
[post=413963]Quoted post[/post]​

Than I must have a rarity. I bought my crx with 33K miles on the clock from the original owner, completely stock, and was stored away in the garage. hell it even has the stock tires on the car that were on it when bought at the dealer. Now she's got 75K on her

the dealer will probably hold it if you give them a deposit

and you better get some ass action from that chick lol

Originally posted by TrailorParkPimp@Nov 8 2004, 09:12 PM
[post=413963]Quoted post[/post]​

my sister got her EF with around 80K on the speedo just because the old coupler towed it behind an RV for many years. it has about 35K original miles on it! :p

Update: ANyone want to buy a 1991 Accord LX 2dr auto for 2k within the next 7 hours..? Everyone in town has bailed on me and I don't feel like driving for an hour to sell this car.

Back