13's On 7psi With Greddy Kit On Sohc

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

boostsohfast

fc65a6b2.jpg

Wooh!! 13.720 with some drag radials. Wonder where I'll be in a couple weeks when I get home from school and do my VAFC hack. 10psi all day.

and some people said 13's on a sohc were hard to come by.....
<<not targeted at the two who posted before me>>

congrats dude.

Originally posted by karnash@Apr 3 2003, 10:26 PM

They usually are... but don't worry- I'm going to try to nail 13s all motor on a SOHC with the CRX. It won't be too hard. :)

Originally posted by Calesta+Apr 3 2003, 11:33 PM-->
@Apr 3 2003, 10:26 PM

They usually are... but don't worry- I'm going to try to nail 13s all motor on a SOHC with the CRX. It won't be too hard. :)

webers head work and a nice cam :worthy: will get u there no prob

buddy of mine....WAAAAY back in 1994 had a all motor crx that ran 13's with that set up.

Originally posted by karnash@Apr 3 2003, 10:35 PM
webers head work and a nice cam :worthy: will get u there no prob

buddy of mine....WAAAAY back in 1994 had a all motor crx that ran 13's with that set up.

Nope, it'll be less work than that... totally low buck too. Let's not hijack this guy's thread too much though.

Great time!!!!!

This proves that everyone who says if its not twin cam your wasting your money. You are running this in an Si I would believe right?

My friends best run of 13.2 in a turbo H22 93 Dx Hatch at 6 psi on stock steelis with shitty tires. Single camm almost keeping up with H22 Turbo very impressive.
If you turn up the boost you should run low 13s easily with traction.

Good Driving
:worthy:

Originally posted by Sirhc2013@Apr 11 2003, 01:08 PM
Great time!!!!!

This proves that everyone who says if its not twin cam your wasting your money. You are running this in an Si I would believe right?

My friends best run of 13.2 in a turbo H22 93 Dx Hatch at 6 psi on stock steelis with shitty tires. Single camm almost keeping up with H22 Turbo very impressive.
If you turn up the boost you should run low 13s easily with traction.

Good Driving
:worthy:

13.2 != turbo h22.

-original post, nice run man. keep on goin

civic4lg.jpg

SOHC motors are underrated you can run some fast times with them

most sohc greddy setups run low 15s to high 14s on street tires so your doing pretty good =)
what do you run with street tires? have you tried?

Jeff

holy shit!

what kind of intercooler is that?

with the 15g greddy set up running 6psi....

will the "small" greddy intercooler be suffice?

my buddy who owns a shop said he can get the "small" one or "big one"

does it make that much of a difference if u plan to run low 14's?

If by small you mean the Type 31 and by big you mean the Type 24, then the small one will definately be sufficient for well over 6 psi. I ran 14.2 on street tires with a shitty 2.3 60'. I couldn't hook that well because it was only 36 degrees that night so the track was real cold. Heres a few pics of my ride in case anyone is interested.
fc7a965a.jpg

fc870d43.jpg

fc7a9963.jpg

fc7a85c9.jpg

Nice! 13.7 with just a greddy turbo and drag radials is damn good in my book.

This means that maybe my whimpy d16z6 could be damn fast with a little work.

Originally posted by Slammed89Integra@Apr 15 2003, 07:15 PM
Nice! 13.7 with just a greddy turbo and drag radials is damn good in my book.

This means that maybe my whimpy d16z6 could be damn fast with a little work.

It can, just everyone jumped on the b-series bandwagon.. now, they are great motors and can be made to make more power. Who cares if a motor can be MADE to make 200000 hp, if you never make it make that, then your argument is useless. The point is, they can be, and they are making parts for them to make them faster and stronger. Hell, they have a 4.9 FD out for the d-series. Hello NA setup. :D

Congrats on the 13.7 SOHC man.

Greddy kit usually runs about $1500 retail. I just recently painted my headlights too. Let me know what you think about them.

fc4f73ce.jpg

Back