13sec rex?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by mrblk@Jan 4 2003, 09:00 PM
hmm most of that would be things i would do any way

skunk2 intake manifold, they are light, pretty damn big compaired to stock, and pretty cheap (~250)

i planned on upgrading the valvetrain, im not sure which way to go on that, trying to balance cost Vs: proformance, most likely look into ctr or itr valvesprings/retainers i still need to look at cam pricing and then skunk2 camgears

as far as pistons im not sure, i may end up doing that first, just because i would rather get them in before i get the motor in the car, but i dont know if some ctr or other oem would be best, or some aftermarket brand.

i would most likley do the valve train as a later part just because its alot easier to do, i want to get the hardest stuff done before the motor goes in if i can, also will most likely get a mugen (or other brand) metal headgasket to raise compression

hehe, you're talkin about my setup almost!!! just missing the CTR pistons!!, lol... and you rode in my car, so you know what its like ;) and as for the piston question, i would use the CTR pistons, the ITR pistons will drop your CR. Put the CTR pistons and a mugen headgasket and you're looking at an 11.8:1 CR, which should be pretty nice on oem parts :) with the CTR cams and valvetrain, it will be a nice combo!

Actually the ITR domes are bigger than the CTR. But the ITR pistons won't fit on stock B16 rods so CTR's become the best choice.

Originally posted by lsvtec@Jan 7 2003, 11:49 AM
Actually the ITR domes are bigger than the CTR.  But the ITR pistons won't fit on stock B16 rods so CTR's become the best choice.

not true, about the domes

edit: here are pics
b18c spec R jdm pistons
itrstd.jpg

b16b pistons
ctrstd.jpg

Well on my 91' honda crx..I hit 13.6 with a b18b1 motor..it had all crower valvetrain, p&p, bored out t/b, re-chipped ecu to 8k, jdm dc 4-1 header, intake, and custom exhaust..btw, the block was all stock..hope that helps

Originally posted by hybridcrx@Jan 5 2003, 12:45 AM
Turbo Z6/ZC should get you in the 13s and still be reliable.

He can have my z6 for cheap if I ever get my LS.

And a car to put it in <_<

Originally posted by B16@Jan 7 2003, 02:25 PM
not true, about the domes

Those are not the same pistons in the other pic I was shown. You are correct, the CTR dome is bigger.

Back