$14,000 for a baby

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

One Stop Customs

So I was reading in the news paper that if you have a baby in Laviano Italy, the gov't is giving you $14,000 per baby hahaha, what do you guys think about that LOL :D

hmmm, $28K, that would be great

you think people mooch off welfare now, what do you think would happen if that was the case here

a child costs about 1 million to raise from birth to 18, this does not include private school or college...

kids suck

and that IS the case here, except instead of one lump they get to fucking suck the system for 18 long years...

They are just handing you $14,000? Why? Do you have a link to the article, i am too laazy to search

Originally posted by NoJokE@Feb 9 2005, 09:16 AM
They are just handing you $14,000? Why? Do you have a link to the article, i am too laazy to search
[post=458539]Quoted post[/post]​

its in the la times front page... sorry :(

Originally posted by reckedracing@Feb 9 2005, 08:16 AM
a child costs about 1 million to raise from birth to 18, this does not include private school or college...

kids suck

and that IS the case here, except instead of one lump they get to fucking suck the system for 18 long years...
[post=458538]Quoted post[/post]​

How do you figure that?

if you qualify welfare will pay every 2-4 weeks for the kid for 18 years.

Welfare is the most abused system in the US. There are way too many lazy assholes in this country. We should round em up, and either tell them to either go dig some holes, or get out of the country.

We could fence off a parcel of land in texas or annex a piece of Canada and just poke 'em all in dere till they figure out how to be productive or die off...

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Feb 9 2005, 05:18 PM
We could fence off a parcel of land in texas or annex a piece of Canada and just poke 'em all in dere till they figure out how to be productive or die off...
[post=458777]Quoted post[/post]​

best idea I have ever heard. :lol:

14k for a kid is a shitty deal. My school for 1 year will cost more than that. Whoever said that it costs a million to rase a kid is about right. If you add it all up, thats a pretty good estimate.

Originally posted by ktanaka@Feb 9 2005, 09:32 PM
14k for a kid is a shitty deal. My school for 1 year will cost more than that. Whoever said that it costs a million to rase a kid is about right. If you add it all up, thats a pretty good estimate.
[post=458883]Quoted post[/post]​

It's good to know that at least some governments realize that its citizens should not have to pay for the lazy people living within it's borders. or at least not as much as we do. I wish we could have welfare reform like that. Then people would get off their lazy asses.

Originally posted by ktanaka@Feb 9 2005, 09:32 PM
[post=458883]Quoted post[/post]​

I forgot if they get a free education or expensive car when they're college students... GRRRR

I have to go with blanco on this one (what a suprise). I think the welfare system isn't doing enough. We need better systems to educate people that can't afford eductaion, or never got it so they can stay off welfare, not shoot them. Just because you had a wonderful life filled with car modding and shit, doesn't mean there arn't people out there working their asses off and still not making it.

Originally posted by ktanaka@Feb 10 2005, 12:11 AM
I have to go with blanco on this one (what a suprise). I think the welfare system isn't doing enough. We need better systems to educate people that can't afford eductaion, or never got it so they can stay off welfare, not shoot them. Just because you had a wonderful life filled with car modding and shit, doesn't mean there arn't people out there working their asses off and still not making it.
[post=458937]Quoted post[/post]​

If you are working your ass off and still not making it, that means you are spending too much money on drugs or alcohol. Like my old roomate, who wouldn't mind going and buying lots of beer, weed and cigarettes, but would never pay his rent on time, or any of his bills. As for owning a modded car, I have had slowly had to pay for lots of the things I own. I wasn't handed a car; I've had to work 30+ hours a weeks carrying a full load as an aero student here at the university. I had to work two jobs during the summer to pay off bills and save away some money. I got a broken car for free, and proceeded to dump $800 to get it running only so my girlfriend could flip it 6 months later. I own a beater old cbr600 that my parents helped me out with. I pay for my own college, my own rent, home and cell phone bill, utilities, and in one of the highest cost of living area in california. But I still see almost 20% of my 7.55/hr job go to taxes. That is B/S. I am not saying welfare is bad, I'm saying it is for the most part misused. Too many people are able to tap into it without so much of a reason as they are just too lazy to get a job. I see hundreds of help wanted ads for full time positions in my area alone, and if I weren't in college right now, I'd have a good paying full time job. There are too many losers that don't want to work hard, so they settle for low paying jobs that require no skill whatsoever, and they never go any further, making it harder for kids and people in school to get those part time jobs. Maybe that's just my take on the situation, but it's validated by what I see every day.

Originally posted by MikeBergy+Feb 10 2005, 03:23 AM-->
@Feb 10 2005, 12:11 AM
I have to go with blanco on this one (what a suprise).  I think the welfare system isn't doing enough.  We need better systems to educate people that can't afford eductaion, or never got it so they can stay off welfare, not shoot them.  Just because you had a wonderful life filled with car modding and shit, doesn't mean there arn't people out there working their asses off and still not making it.

If you are working your ass off and still not making it, that means you are spending too much money on drugs or alcohol. Like my old roomate, who wouldn't mind going and buying lots of beer, weed and cigarettes, but would never pay his rent on time, or any of his bills. As for owning a modded car, I have had slowly had to pay for lots of the things I own. I wasn't handed a car; I've had to work 30+ hours a weeks carrying a full load as an aero student here at the university. I had to work two jobs during the summer to pay off bills and save away some money. I got a broken car for free, and proceeded to dump $800 to get it running only so my girlfriend could flip it 6 months later. I own a beater old cbr600 that my parents helped me out with. I pay for my own college, my own rent, home and cell phone bill, utilities, and in one of the highest cost of living area in california. But I still see almost 20% of my 7.55/hr job go to taxes. That is B/S. I am not saying welfare is bad, I'm saying it is for the most part misused. Too many people are able to tap into it without so much of a reason as they are just too lazy to get a job. I see hundreds of help wanted ads for full time positions in my area alone, and if I weren't in college right now, I'd have a good paying full time job. There are too many losers that don't want to work hard, so they settle for low paying jobs that require no skill whatsoever, and they never go any further, making it harder for kids and people in school to get those part time jobs. Maybe that's just my take on the situation, but it's validated by what I see every day.
[post=458945]Quoted post[/post]​

my opinion almst exactly. no matter what situation your born into, who can work to get yourelf out of it.

Originally posted by Blanco+Feb 10 2005, 02:19 PM-->
Originally posted by MikeBergy@Feb 10 2005, 03:23 AM
ktanaka
@Feb 10 2005, 12:11 AM
I have to go with blanco on this one (what a suprise).  I think the welfare system isn't doing enough.  We need better systems to educate people that can't afford eductaion, or never got it so they can stay off welfare, not shoot them.  Just because you had a wonderful life filled with car modding and shit, doesn't mean there arn't people out there working their asses off and still not making it.

[post=458945]Quoted post[/post]​

Or you have three kids and your wife just died. Lord knows those guys are fucking lazy assholes who blow all of their money on stupid things like power bills, rent, food, and clothing. They don't deserve any help what-so-ever.

You taxes pay for the Police and Fire Departments, the government, the military, as well as other infastructuers. Deal with it. Personally, I think there are too many greedy people in this country who wouldn't piss on a fellow American to put out a fire.
[post=459198]Quoted post[/post]​

Get over yourself. You are speaking for the minority of people who the system was actually built for. That is not who I am talking about. I am talking about the majority of people who are on wellfare just because it's a free ride on my back. I don't care about paying taxes, but I do care where my tax dollars are spent, and I know a very slim amount of my federal taxes are returned to the states for police, fire, DOT, etc. That is what state taxes are for. I give to charitable causes, support local businesses, and tithe at my church. It's not about the money; it's about people being lazy at my expense.

Italy's population is declining because people are having kids at a later age. Say around 35 ish. Damn thats old to me too. Anyway, the government is encouraging them to have kids to fill up their pop but most people dont want to, in Italy anyway, because theyre more goal orientated and in having a nice high paying job then having kids.
Its the opposite of China. haha. anyway, welfare has its up and downs, just like every other government program.
for example my professor said he played golf in germany on monteray sand from california because the general wanted it, while he was drafted in the 70s for "Nam," but got lucky and was sent to Germany. another example, financial aid. fucktards with a 2.0gpa can get as much money for school as i do,decent of 3.xxgpa. almost most of the those mental defectives drop out within a semester or two of college and collect the $2000+ or their gpas drop below 2.0, but still get paid financial aid however on acadamic probahition. I feel cheated because people are getting as much or in some cases more than me, yet i work way harder with full 15+ units each semester and work part time. and those arent brain dead units either.

Back