14" hx wheels with gsr brake conversion?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

seanjuan

I have a set of 14s off of a 96 HX and was wondering if I'll be able to do the integra rear disc conversion without getting new rims. does anyone know what the outside radius of the caliper ends up being? if I had that then I could measure the inside diameter on my wheels.

would I be better off finding the rear setup from a 92-95 civic with rear discs?

thanks

The rears are the same between the 92-95 Civic disc setup and the Integra. They both use 9.5 inch discs, with calipers smaller than what you're running on the front. Your HX should have 9.5 inchers up front, so if your wheels clear that (and of course yours do), they'll clear the new rears with no problems.

I guess I should have mentioned that I don't have an HX, I have a 92 LX. I'm going to put the front discs off of an SIR2 on my car most likely as well because they were included with my b16 when it was sent to me

glad to hear that the rears should fit though
I really like the look of my rims and the tires are almost mint, that might change once my b16 is in and running, the lsd should help save my tires a little though

If the SiR2 brakes are the 10.2 inch rotor setup that I'm thinking of, you'll need to grind down a bit of the caliper's outer housing to get your wheels to fit. You might want to run a small spacer instead- but grinding down the caliper is cheaper, and it preserves your OEM suspension geometry.

I'll have to check it out tonight when I go over to the shop. But grinding down the outside of the caliper isn't going to hurt it at all? how much clearance should there be between the caliper and the wheel?

thanks

I only have about 1mm between my calipers and the inside surfaces of my wheels (not GSR with HX wheels though), and that should be enough clearance. Check it out for yourself- I don't know how much you need to remove, but about 1mm clearance should be good enough. Test fit the wheels and see how much you need to take off. Just go slowly, and you'll be ok.

so the calipers fit inside the rims on the radius but for some reason the outside face of the caliper hits the inside face of the rim so I guess I can't use the SIR brake setup with these rims cause I don't want to put a spacer on or do something that is going to through off the suspension

I guess you didn't read a single thing I wrote then. You only need to space the wheels out a few millimeters, and you don't need to grind too much off the face of the caliper to get it to clear.

oops
my bad on that one, I guess I was too focused on the the radius of the caliper being the problem and I am guilty of selective reading.

I will probably mess around with the calipers and see if I can get them to fit without using spacers. I think I'll try to find a new booster/master cylinder before I swap the brakes anyway

thanks for the replies, I will read more carefully in the future cause I hate it when people don't listen/read what I say

have a good one and again sorry about being a dumbass, I'm usually not

It's cool. Good luck with getting everything to work. I know it can be made to fit- it's just how you attack the problem that matters.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I'm kinda thinking that maybe I'll just get some new wheels even thought I don't really want to.

Do you know what rims came stock on the SIR2 over in japan?
If I got a set of Rota 15's would I be able to avoid this caliper rub problem?

thanks for all the help
I really appreciate it

Rota 15s will work. Don't get new wheels though... that's a HUGE expense for what could be solved with a die grinder or some time and a file.

true, and I really like how my car looks with these wheels and the tires have alot of tread left

shit yo!
I'm on it, I didn't know you'd be hounding me to get on projects
don't get me wrong, that is a good thing because otherwise it would probably take me a while.

I think I'll try to get the brakes done by the time I get my new springs and shocks so I can do install all at once

anyhow, thanks alot for your input. I appreciate it alot

Back