14 seconds into vid....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Airjockie

Watanabe Whore!!!
Rest In Peace
a vid was just posted of the recent Drift compition held in NJ.....I posted it here... but incase you never look in the regional forums...then you might not see it....
But it is one awesome vid...and I hope others follow.

My rex was cought drifting for a second or two...but after that...it is all nissans....

Ohh btw... my nissan was also on there...but in a black/white scene....

Still a cool vid and cool music....I love that 350Z......he rocks like a mutha fuwker.

Well...it's a honda...

At least I had the balls to take it and try...which was very fun.

If you can master a honda in a drift comp...and make it do strange things....then your a good driver in my book.

Just wait till the end of the month...my AE86 will debut.....

badass vid.

you did well on your drift as well, im gonna have to try to drift in my rex, any tips on technique? im dealing with a little more power then you though (GSR engine), maybe the same, who knows, the engine is only lightly modded (intake, exhaust, flywheel and on rotas). i wanna try it but i dont wanna hit or break anything, lol.

practice in a wide empty parking lot
try e-brake/gas, experiment with things
if you *really* feel like it, try it in GT3 or some other videogame, not saying you can get good at assdragging by plaing videogames, but it'll give you an idea of what happens

:lol: ebrake is a no go, its broken. i snapped the cable a little while ago, never got around to fixing it. i always leave it in gear when i park :lol:

lol :D
in that case....you're pretty screwed i guess, other than e-braking theres not *that* much else you can do to get the rear end sliding
going into a corner quickly, turn or feint motion with hard braking might get you sideways...but you cant stay sideways like that
good luck, fix your damn cable :D

I had a guy tell me to remove the front sway bar, and let the car dive into the turn, then a slight yank on the e-brake, and then wait for the ass end to rotate, then step on the gas accordingly......I only had the thought of just driving fast around the corner, and let the car oversteer...but the exit speed was to fast for the car to keep sliding...I still haven't dis-connected the sway bar yet...but I am going to try it this week sometime.

But find an empty parking lot and let go of your fear of sliding.....and rain makes it fun.

Here is what my freind did in an autoX that he did not care about, disconnect the front sway, he had a 22 mm in back (progress TEAL POWER YO!) then his azenis up front and all seasons in back. The shitter the tire in back the better. Plus it drizeled out during his run so all the more fun. I even rode with him allmost 3out of 4 of his runs. We got sideways through every turn. Counter steering was a must. No ebraking there

lol
in that case....you're pretty screwed i guess, other than e-braking theres not *that* much else you can do to get the rear end sliding
going into a corner quickly

Yea you can, with my car, I have the stock front sol SI sway in front, ITR in the rear, teins on almost any setting, plus luck warm s03's and I can get the back end to swing out without much effort. The only time I ever use the Ebrake method is in a snowy parkinglot. Everytime else, who needs it?

cant i just take the turn hard and swing the ass end around to break the tires loose? and oversteer?

i was the driver of the sweet Z in black and white.... :D

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Oct 13 2003, 12:23 AM
cant i just take the turn hard and swing the ass end around to break the tires loose? and oversteer?

you need a big sway rear sway bar, stick fronts and unstable rears to do that. Stock honda's understeer (push) like most FWD cars. The way to correct this is bigger rear sway bars to add some more rotation.

Originally posted by asmallsol+Oct 13 2003, 12:30 AM-->
@Oct 13 2003, 12:23 AM

you need a big sway rear sway bar, stick fronts and unstable rears to do that. Stock honda's understeer (push) like most FWD cars. The way to correct this is bigger rear sway bars to add some more rotation.

i know what your saying, but ive done other wise on a bigger scale. i was on the highway in my stock 90 crx si 2 years ago. it was slightly wet and the turn warning said to take it at 45. well i took it at 70, and by the end of the turn i was 45 deg. sideways. i tried to correct by countersteering but i hit the brakes in doing so and i did a 180 the other direction and hit the guardrail on the other side of the road going backwards like 50 mph.

i dont see why i cant take a sharper turn at a slower speed and get the back to kick out like has happened to me in the past. i dunno, ill try it out in a parking lot and see what i can do :D

problem is once you do that you cant keep the rotation or put power to the rear, if you hit the gas you'll lose it

Back