1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

#15 ecu error code,

Discussion in 'Civic and CRX - EW' started by crxnoobie, Oct 20, 2006.

1. crxnoobie

crxnoobie New Member

okay i know that a number 15 code is an error with the ignition output signal, either its missing or defective, but what does this mean, like what do i need to do next, i've already posted questions with the symptoms my car has, but everyone seems to ignore the error code i tell them, i've said the car starts fine when it hasnt been driven for an hour or so, then the rpms drop to about 1 as the car heats up then the engine dies, im pretty sure this has something to do with the ignition output signal, cuz ive checked my fuel pump, fuel injector and anything fuel supply related, and its all fine, any help please? id really wanna be to drive for more than 10 mins depending on the cars mood, lol. thanks.

2. Recardo Neil

Recardo Neil New Member

hi to all auto mechanic

3. fixed4 life

fixed4 life New Member

I have the same problem i have swapped distrubutors but the problems still occurs. mine will cut out every 7-10 days dont understand why i have used two different distributors no results. i read this somewhere else online hope it helps.

Your Ignition Control Module (igniter), inside your distributor, is bad. Remember to coat the back of the new igniter with silicone grease, which is often included with the new component. It helps heat transfer.

4. reikoshea

reikoshea HS Troll...And Mod Moderator VIP

werd to this being the igniter.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted