1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

15" Wheels/Slicks on Wilwood brakes.

Discussion in 'Wheels / Suspension / Tires / Brakes' started by rangerss24, May 9, 2006.

1. rangerss24

rangerss24 Junior Member

Hey guys how you doing... I was wondering if anyone has any experience with rims that would fit over the wilwood 11 inch 4 piston big brake kit... I have a 93 civic hatch cx and i am looking to get drag slicks for the car... The smallest i can run on those brakes is a 15" rim but many dont fit... Does anyone have any suggestions to what i should do.. will i have clearence issues running this size of a slick...etc...Thanks for all your help..

2. wanderinman

wanderinman Senior Member

Call Wilwood, they should have a general idea of what fits and what doesn't on their brakes.

3. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

they clear certain 15's. it will depend on your wheel more than anything.

these are my old 15x7 +42 atech finalspeed wheels with 11" 4-piston willwood setup.

[​IMG]

4. rangerss24

rangerss24 Junior Member

They dont make these wheels anymore tho,correct..Are there any other 15x7's that you have seen work...Thanks again..

5. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

Under 95 GSR wheels - 15x6, +45mm

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Andrew

Andrew Well-Known Member

^^ WOW ^^

thats close!!

7. totalburnout

totalburnout Well-Known Member VIP

Its all about offset. Since B had a lower offset, he had much more room under there, coupled with the fact that the rim he had was more of an "open" design.

Worse comes to worse, the wheels don't fit over the brakes so you buy wheel spacers. The wheel spacers will give the car a wider stance for better handling and allow you the clearance to fit the wheels over the brakes - the drawback is more wear on the wheel bearings. No one really knows how much extra wear is caused by the spacers, but its highly unlikely that the day after you put the spacers in your wheel bearings are going to be shot.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted