15" Wheels/Slicks on Wilwood brakes.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rangerss24

Hey guys how you doing... I was wondering if anyone has any experience with rims that would fit over the wilwood 11 inch 4 piston big brake kit... I have a 93 civic hatch cx and i am looking to get drag slicks for the car... The smallest i can run on those brakes is a 15" rim but many dont fit... Does anyone have any suggestions to what i should do.. will i have clearence issues running this size of a slick...etc...Thanks for all your help..

they clear certain 15's. it will depend on your wheel more than anything.

these are my old 15x7 +42 atech finalspeed wheels with 11" 4-piston willwood setup.

DSC01527.JPG

They dont make these wheels anymore tho,correct..Are there any other 15x7's that you have seen work...Thanks again..

Quoted post[/post]]
^^ WOW ^^

thats close!!

Its all about offset. Since B had a lower offset, he had much more room under there, coupled with the fact that the rim he had was more of an "open" design.

Worse comes to worse, the wheels don't fit over the brakes so you buy wheel spacers. The wheel spacers will give the car a wider stance for better handling and allow you the clearance to fit the wheels over the brakes - the drawback is more wear on the wheel bearings. No one really knows how much extra wear is caused by the spacers, but its highly unlikely that the day after you put the spacers in your wheel bearings are going to be shot.

Back