15s or 16s...

what to get....

• 16x7s = more mo

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
ok, so i pretty much decided on the 5Z N1 pro's in silver...

n1.gif

15x7 = $175/each
16x7 = $185/each

but, tires.... the azenis (and don't offer anything else. I've never been more happy with a street tire and have no desire to try anything else at the moment) are a big price jump-

205/50VR15 $62 /each
215/45ZR16 $96 /each

Advatages of the 16s are obvious- higher speed rating, wider contact patch.

Weight, and all that, really doesn't mean dick to me anymore. I'm going to have a buttload of power. 5lbs extra in the wheels won't slow me down at all.... in fact, it might help me to get some traction.

Now, mind you, this is for STREET and DD use. I'm not after drag radials or slicks. this is for everyday driving.

hey B, for the sol or 240

16's, they fit hondas perfect, plus you need the traction for a sick fast car that you will be having. :D

16's man, nice. Hey i missed you saying how much power your sol will have, i guessed i must have looked over it somewhere.

for the 5th time, thses are for the street. im not buying race slicks.

neither! Get 10's and keep them clean! :lol:

sounds like you pretty much made up your mind before you posted, it's just a question of looking for real justification for the extra cash

I guess I'd go with 15's though because I like having a little extra sidewall cause you don't have to worry about potholes as much and it makes for a little smoother ride, plus you don't end up with that "car on stilts" look when it's all rim and no tire
unless you are going to have brakes that fill most of the space inside the rim

you could get the same wheel style for cheaper in both sizes. juts another name. I have been looking into something like that too. Or you can get buddy club wheels which look the same but a prolly better and you can say you have buddy club wheels.
lookalikes-Giovanni Racing

also look Here

oh i say 15" :thumbsup:

i voted 16's.

as a autox guy, i dont see much difference between the two for racing, since the wideness is the same...

im not a fan of the rims anyways my friend.

Originally posted by seanjuan@Oct 2 2003, 09:20 AM
sounds like you pretty much made up your mind before you posted, it's just a question of looking for real justification for the extra cash

I guess I'd go with 15's though because I like having a little extra sidewall cause you don't have to worry about potholes as much and it makes for a little smoother ride, plus you don't end up with that "car on stilts" look when it's all rim and no tire
unless you are going to have brakes that fill most of the space inside the rim

:concur:

i say go with the 16's, you basically already weighed your options, and the 16's won. the price difference isnt too much, get the 16s and be happy.

16". You've spent so much on the engine (ahem... the "garage") already- what's an extra hundred or so?

Back