1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

16"s on 94 coupe too heavy?

Discussion in 'Wheels / Suspension / Tires / Brakes' started by 94civicpat, Apr 24, 2004.

1. 94civicpat

94civicpat Junior Member

OK so i have a set of gun metal 16x7s on my dx coupe right now. they arent the heaviest thing (about 30lbs w/tire). Im gunna be buying a 93 si and i think i might want to autoX it but not sure. Do you think i could get by using these rims cuz i would hate to spend money again. By the way the tires are Yoko Paradas.

2. YouKnowWhoIBee

YouKnowWhoIBee my avatar is better.

I checked the reference section and i found that the only team locos listed that were 16's are the Team Loco 142's and there are the 16 x 7 and they weigh 22 each. I really dont know how they will do in the autox but if you think about it they are almost 2 times heavier then alot of rims. Maybe you should ebay the rims or sell them with you car. Then you could get some slipstreams and save 40 on your new car. But thats my .02 and its your money.

3. 94civicpat

94civicpat Junior Member

yea thats wat i was thinkin but what are my other options it seems everyone is ridin slips

4. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

for autocross you really should be on smaller rims than that
    15s or smaller (smallest that will fit over your brakes)
    and as light as you can afford

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted