16 US troops killed today in Iraq

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

All I can say is "God bless those who make the supreme sacrifice in order to grant others liberty and freedom". My prayers go out to all of those families who must now hear the hallowed sound of Taps played while receiving their countries flag.

My best friend got hurt over there by an explosion threw him 15ft back and he landed on another soldier, he's home know for 30 days, with two fractured vertibres one almost crushed but should recover 100% :unsure:

that sucks that they were on their way home for leave...
god bless...

this leads me to wonder....

will this be the next "vietnam" in which guys come back and have all sorts of mental conditions due to the bullshit they face over there?

Originally posted by convertedstangbanger@Nov 3 2003, 11:23 AM
i just we get saddam soon, i think hes behind the lastes rould of attacks.

no he is not. saddam is nothing. it is all the fanatical idiots out there that still believe in anti-americanism. even if we found saddam, and strung him up Mussolini style in the Iraqi town square, his constituants will still continue to "fight for the cause" and see saddam as a martyr for their so called cause.

we really just need to level that whole fucking country with a few nukes and be done with it. whats more important, a few iraqi lives and some oil, or the lives of american soldiers?

prime reason #1 why i would not make a good politician. id level all countries like that into fucking parking lots John Wayne style....Riding the "A" bomb out the chute of the airplane waving my coyboy hat wildly into the air....

what movie was that from anyways? i forget. it wasnt john wayne.....

Originally posted by Tonyd0821@Nov 3 2003, 10:27 AM
whats more important, a few iraqi lives and some oil, or the lives of american soldiers?

That's just it... To many politicians and big corporate players, the oil is more important. :angry:

Originally posted by DarkHand+Nov 3 2003, 12:36 PM-->
Tonyd0821
@Nov 3 2003, 10:27 AM
whats more important,  a few iraqi lives and some oil, or the lives of american soldiers?

That's just it... To many politicians and big corporate players, the oil is more important. :angry:

i say that the families of the service men who are killed from now on get 100,000 a piece in reparations. Because the military is over there fighting for oil rights, the guys who die should be repaid out of the money coming from the sale of the oil.

only fair....

1.) Was it Dr. Strangelove or glove or some shit like that? :lol:

2.) I can understand what you're saying Tonyd. Even I have feelings like that sometime.

3.) Please remember that everyone entering the armed forces must take the oath. It is an all volunteer military now. As far as the money goes, the families will be well taken care of buy the Serviceman's Insurance, etc. Please don't get me wrong, I know that no amount of money will ever heal their pain, I'm just saying that they will be taken care of. I have lost about 6 close friends so far from my Battalion alone, so I do understand what you're saying. Hopefully, in the near future, I will be able to visit their families and let them know what great people they were. Anyways, back to my point. I just wanted to stress that we all took the oath and volunteered to follow our orders the best way we could.

Originally posted by Wycked Sniper@Nov 3 2003, 01:01 PM
1.) Was it Dr. Strangelove or glove or some shit like that? :lol:

2.) I can understand what you're saying Tonyd. Even I have feelings like that sometime.

3.) Please remember that everyone entering the armed forces must take the oath. It is an all volunteer military now. As far as the money goes, the families will be well taken care of buy the Serviceman's Insurance, etc. Please don't get me wrong, I know that no amount of money will ever heal their pain, I'm just saying that they will be taken care of. I have lost about 6 close friends so far from my Battalion alone, so I do understand what you're saying. Hopefully, in the near future, I will be able to visit their families and let them know what great people they were. Anyways, back to my point. I just wanted to stress that we all took the oath and volunteered to follow our orders the best way we could.

no.....it wasnt a james bond movie.... i know you guys know which movie im talking about....its where he was in the plane, the bomb wouldnt come out the hatch, and he stomped on it, the chute opened and the movie ends with him riding shotgun ala bucking bronco on top of the bomb as it is falling towards earth with him waving his cowboy hat....

sorry to hear u lost 6 of ur friends dude. that sucks.

i woulda like to have joined the service when i was 18, but i have a problem with authority figures (due to my own perceived "above average" intelligence than the normal human being. i dont do well under people who i perceive that have less intelligence than i, regardless of their so called "experience" in life)

but anyways, good luck, hope u dont have to go over there dude....

Originally posted by DarkHand+Nov 3 2003, 12:36 PM-->
Tonyd0821
whats more important,  a few iraqi lives and some oil, or the lives of american soldiers?

Howabout the freedom of an entire nation of people?

If we left Iraq now we'd be back in there in another 20 years tops. The important thing now is that we don't get cold feet and stay and finish the job. Not because of the oil, Afganistan doesn't have mad oil resouces and we stay there, I have a frined who just came back and he said there losing people like mad over there. But nobody wants to put that on TV, there is no political motivation for the liberal media to do so when they can say we lost another 12 guys in Iraq because of oil. Did anyone stop to think that as bad as the loss of our service men and women is, as this rate it will be years till we come close to even matching the numbers of lives lost on a single bad day in WW2?

Originally posted by 87 hatchy@Nov 3 2003, 09:50 AM
My best friend got hurt over there by an explosion threw him 15ft back and he landed on another soldier, he's home know for 30 days, with two fractured vertibres one almost crushed but should recover 100% :unsure:

I have a friend over there as well, i admire what he is doing, but this needs to stop - bring our troops home, there is no reason to make this another Vietnam - pull our guys out!

Originally posted by Silverchild79+Nov 3 2003, 01:24 PM-->
Originally posted by DarkHand@Nov 3 2003, 12:36 PM
Tonyd0821

Howabout the freedom of an entire nation of people?

If we left Iraq now we'd be back in there in another 20 years tops. The important thing now is that we don't get cold feet and stay and finish the job. Not because of the oil, Afganistan doesn't have mad oil resouces and we stay there, I have a frined who just came back and he said there losing people like mad over there. But nobody wants to put that on TV, there is no political motivation for the liberal media to do so when they can say we lost another 12 guys in Iraq because of oil. Did anyone stop to think that as bad as the loss of our service men and women is, as this rate it will be years till we come close to even matching the numbers of lives lost on a single bad day in WW2?

two words:

concentration camps.

Yup. Dr. Strangelove or: How I Stopped Worrying and Learned to Love the Bomb.

kongdrop.jpg

mushroom.gif

Back on topic... this war sucks! I hate that Bush got us into this and that there is no actual plan for us leaving Iraq quickly. Actually there is no plan in place at all for us leaving. What does he care, he has no family over there in the armed services. :mad:

:(

all i hope that is this whole problem with Iraq will be resolved soon and the military will withdrill from the middle east, just so i dont have to go over there in 3 1/2 years

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal@Nov 3 2003, 01:57 PM
Back on topic... this war sucks! I hate that Bush got us into this and that there is no actual plan for us leaving Iraq quickly. Actually there is no plan in place at all for us leaving. What does he care, he has no family over there in the armed services. :mad:

Yeah.. they all have daddies to get them into the national guard...

I can honestly understand and accept everyone's view. To each his own opinion. The problem I'm having is the much overused term "Our Boys". Everyone has a right to their opinion regardless of prior military experience. It just seems to be that the people voicing the term most loudly are the ones who have never served or had a friend "over there". I have done my share of duty in 3rd world shit countries, I bitched forever about, I got shot at by both counter snipers and rebels, hell I even got shot at by a sniper on the PT feild at Fort Bragg! But, I'm not going to sit back and complain about bringing "Our Boys" home. I pray that we do what's necessary and simply leave, regardless of the time frame. Thanks y'all for letting me vent a bit :D

IMO bush is being pig-headed. iraq should have been turned over to the UN as soon as baghdad was secured. he is just too proud to pull out our troops. he thinks we will be giving in to the UN since they were so against the war from the beginning...and the fact that no WMD's have been found yet makes it harder to pull out cause it makes him look like a fool.

Back