16 yr old arrested

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Why is it that cali sucks? try going into a movie with a cam in any state and see what happens

bootleging videos/games/music has been an issue for what? since the start of media?

it's crackin down on stupid shit...now i'll be the first to admit i dl some music, but i think it's retarded to pirate movies...pirated movies for the most part look like shit, plus the more movies pirated, the more money lost, the less money to spend on making any more GOOD movies (yes i know there are exceptions on low-budget projects) but any movie dependent on special effects will be taken back to the days of bad explosions and strings on anything that "flies" i'll prolly get flamed for my opinion on this, but oh well

Originally posted by jeffie7@Jul 1 2004, 08:27 PM
Why is it that cali sucks? try going into a movie with a cam in any state and see what happens

bootleging videos/games/music has been an issue for what? since the start of media?

Because only Cali would be able to afford fuckin nigh vision goggles.

Originally posted by revolution8k@Jul 1 2004, 09:54 PM

Hahahahha you dumbass

Cali has like what -$93248932894803298493204394093428 to its name?

Chances are, many other States have nightvison. You just have yet to hear about it.
Besides, it sounds to me that the movie makers are paying for the goggles not the State.

States could care less about movies they are not the ones taking a loss it's the head guys at the movie companies.

it's crackin down on stupid shit

Yea I know...if only people weren't so damn fuktarded...pirating is very wrong and if i was an actor is Spiderman 2 i would be pissed...BUT DAMN..FREAKIN NIGHT VISION GOGGLES!!!...I sooo want to go work at a theatre now just for that reason....I could be like a freakin ninja/spy sneakin around with those things...it'd be so sweet, lol. :D

Originally posted by jeffie7+Jul 1 2004, 10:04 PM-->
revolution8k
@Jul 1 2004, 09:54 PM

Hahahahha you dumbass

Cali has like what -$93248932894803298493204394093428 to its name?

Chances are, many other States have nightvison. You just have yet to hear about it.
Besides, it sounds to me that the movie makers are paying for the goggles not the State.

States could care less about movies they are not the ones taking a loss it's the head guys at the movie companies.

Christ, you fucking retard. Thats what you would call a Joke.

joke n. Something said or done to cause laughter, such as a brief story with a punch line; something not taken seriously. joke v. To tell or play jokes.

Now go put your rubber dick up your ass and stop trying to always be on my case about everything. It never fails.

Originally posted by yeahIdriveaTGL@Jul 1 2004, 09:40 PM
the less money to spend on making any more GOOD movies

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA (breathe) HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA (breathe again) HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Hollywood... making good movies... AAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!!

Thanks, I needed that!

it's just less profit for them :shrug2:

Some of those goggles were shipped with the film itself.

I have seen some good telesyncs lately.

I agree with Sabz5150

There's a $500 reward for employees turning in piraters. :) so they is even more incentive i guess now.

also i have to side with movie companies on this one; i'm a producer for the official spidey 2 website for sony. there are a lot of people's whose jobs really do depend on a great opening weekend -- to some degree, my job relies on a great opening weekend for Spidey, as well as many of my colleagues. luckily the movie stands on its own, and is worth watching and no bad word of mouth has gotten out yet.

but if you remember the Hulk getting out weeks early in unfinished format, that pirater really did Universal a lot of damage. sure the movie wasn't that good but it made people think twice before seeing it, and the ad agency that leaked the movie out created some expensive litigation. sigh.

at the end of the day, that 16 year old should have known he would get caught. the camcorder bootlegs you see sold in HK are usually done either outside the US, or when the theater is empty (a buddy who is the projectionist). A theater full of people who just paid full price to watch a movie are going to look the other way when some kid busts out a camcorder to steal it? i would turn him in just for being stupid.

my 2 cents

Again how much did Mall Rats cost to make? =)

Back