17'' Konig Prophets

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

IDMaxGuy

Im getting the 17'' Konig Prophets next friday, I havent ordered them yet, Extreme can get them with some decent(not to hard not to soft tires) for around $1,050. That sounds like a pretty good price eh? I was wondering how they are tho, I hear there a good all-around wheel. Just wondering what your opinions were on them, Im pretty much buying them cause I like the way they look..

yea i made the mistake when i didn't know any better and bought 16" 22 lb wheels and then wound up buying another set of rota slipstreams ... 11.5 lbs :) yumm

I know theyll be too heavy and might hurt my performance, but I like the way they look so its ok. Im not goin for like all-out-performance, drag-street mobile. Ill do that on my civic. Yup.

:wtf:
then why the hell did you bother asking
if you like the wheels and dont give a shit about the performance effects of them then who gives a fuck what we think
dont bother asking us
dont waste our time or yours
you know we are going to tell you they are too heavy and will hurt performance yet people still ask us about putting big ass rims on

:rant:

I didnt ask if they would be good to race, I just asked opnions on them. I said in my original post I just wanted them for the way they looked. I was also askin if a grand was too much to spend on them....

is $1000 too much to spend for something that will make you slower?? IMO hell fucking yes its too much to spend
but thats my oppinion

if you like the rims .... look around for the best price you can find on them and when you find a price you are comfortable with then get them

202_s.jpg

theres the wheels i was talking about, but every konig wheel is heavy. but if you dont care about losing some power, go for it.

is saw those, i like them, ill just have to decide when i order them thursday. i think the holes will be cheaper tho, or the same but with better tires :). Im gonan keep ,my stock wheels, the 16's, there pretty light so if I do want to go to the track... maybe thatll be better than the konigs.

I have the Konig Holes in graphite. I love them. I thought that I might have problems with the aluminum lip around it, but it is still in perfect conidition. You'll all probably flame me when I tell you that they are 18" and on a EG Civic.

big rims are for big brakes that are usually on race cars, not street. i would look for imitations that are lighter and smaller; 15" or 16".

Why would I buy imitation wheels? I already bought em anyways. Like I said earlier IM not going for all-out-race!!! And most of the newer cars coming out a.ka. Mazda Speed Protege and most of the Lexus's all come stock with 17's. They are aluminum, so its not like they widgh a lot. We actually figure they will weigh close to the same if not a few ounces heavier than my stock wheels and tires..... And what do u mean "big brakes" 17's arent made for cars with big brakes, if they were only for race cars, then why do u see so many cars wit them, plus my car comes stock wit 16's... so im stickin with my decision, but thanks anyways. B)

imitations=cheaper and may be improved over original design(weight).

Big wheels attract people who are into the big wheels thing; if they came with chrome 20s then you know lots of people are going to buy them.

on rotating mass, its not the total weight of rim but where it is. the more weight you have farther out, the greater the static weight.

have you noticed many race cars(touring/autoX) use 18s and 17s? mainly b/c their brake discs are so fuckin huge. (look at the jgtc mr-s, the discs are like 16-17 inches) if you can see your shocks clearly through them then they are too big.

hey but its your car, do whatever you like.

Back