17" with 225/35?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

nasio

Alright people,

I got a set of 17x7 alloys

I can get 2 continentals 225/35 17 tyres from a friend and would only need to buy 2 tyres.

Has anyone tried this before?

I am aware that this will affect my speedo by 1% ( seen at miata conversion page )
but what negative effects would they have on handling and acceleration.

I'm also gonna flare the wheel arches and have to drop the mothafucka, what suspensions should i use?

Your help is much appreciated as i have no one garages around who can help me with stuff like this.

Nasio

depending on the offset of the wheel, flaring the fenders still won't help the rubbing on the inside of the wheel well.

i rubbed with 205/40/17s +42 offset on my del sol on the inside, but had no rubbing issues on the fender lip.

moreover, a 35 profile is stupid small. you're going to loose a LOT of traction.

werd, 225s are an awesome fit on a 7" wheel, but it all depends on what car they are goin on.

and with that 35series tire you have almost no sidewall so you wont grip aronund corners for shit.

if you are trying to put them on a civic or something, i would recommend getting some extended studs and a big spacer, after you flare your fenders

Thanks for that, i'll see 2mo coz i'm gonna testthem out.

Thanks for your help dudes

Back