17in. ADRs or 15in. GS-Rs?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I have a 92 civic cx with a B16a2 I like performance over looks any day, but the 15s are 6in. wide and my ADRs are 7in. wide(205/40R17). I know the ADRs weigh more but will that make a big difference? (weigh vs. width of tires) Witch is better? Are there good wheels that are cheap and light any suggestions?

15's they'll make enough of a differnce that you'll notice the change the first day or two.
as far as auto-x goes I;ve used rota subzero's , 15x6 and can't say I've had any problems

rota and enkei are good wheels. A 17in. wheel/tire combo is too big in my opinion for racing, MOI starts becoming an issue, tires get heavier, and tires are also more expensive, not good when you are burning them up more often on the track. I'd go with some 16x7 in rotas, any model is pretty good. I am running that size rota Grid, and I love them.

Are Rotas less or more money then the GSR rims? Are GSR wheels just as good as the Rotas?(even though the Rotas are one inch wider)

They are about the same price used I believe. Rota's would most likely be better for track use because wider=more grip. They have a good selection of different styles and colors. But be warned, if you decide to buy a set of Rota's, all of the JDM YO! bandwagoneers will hate you.

Here's a link to their website: ROTA Wheels

Last edited:
Thanks man, that was a good site. Are GSRs good for drag? Do you know somewhere I can find some GSRs?

Thanks

Last edited:
troll around on the for sale forums, especially on Honda-Tech. There is always someone selling their rims. IMO, the gsr rims aren't in any way better than a set of rotas unless you get them for really cheap. I picked up my 16" rota grids used for 400 including tires. The rims were mint, it was a great purchase.

Since gsr rims are only 6'' width they wont be ''good'' for any type of racing. When it comes to drag racing, the wider the contact patch, the better traction and 60' times you will have.

Thanks mike and trappd for the help i'll go with the rotas(used). Thanks again.

Back