17s for the Accord

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

kriz

Alright so now that I got the car repainted the next step was going to be either a better audio system or new wheels. Being as my car really needs new tires I figure I might as well go that route, so I would like some advice. I know when I joined up I asked about this and pretty much got that I should go for whatever I like, which of course I am going to do. All I want is some pointers on the do's and don'ts of getting new rims/tires, especially since I'm going to go with 17s as opposed to the Accord's stock 16s.

What I've gathered so far is that I want the overall tire/wheel size to be as close to stock as possible for best performance out of the car, so I'm thinking 17s with the same or close dimensions to stock (not sure what those are, anyone know?) with lo-pros to keep the overall diameter the same. I had really taken an interest in Tenzo's Type M V2's just because I think they look bad ass but I'm changing my mind being as I can't find them any cheaper than ~$800 and if I'm going to pay that much I might as well pay a little more and not go with the "cheap" brand. Any help/tips/pointers are much appreciated.

OEM Honda 17's from the newer cars? I don't really like the old one's that much...

I think the dimensions for the stock wheel are 205/60? Anyone know for sure?

s2000 wheels are awesome

ALY63872U.jpg

4921-042-wheel-profile-480.jpg

^ Yeah they look great on that car, not really digging them for my Accord though...

The '06+ Civic Si comes with 17s and 215/45 tires I think. I'd have to check the ones on my car, I bought the same size for my 17s. Here's a pic, the profile is fairly low but not low enough to give a horrible ride. The wheels are ADR, don't remember the model. Got em off ebay.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v452/WavelengthDesigns/DSCN0961.jpg

Those are nice, how much did you pay for them?

I found some Enkei's that look almost exactly like the Type M's for around the same price.

Enkei EKM3

They're ADR Rydox, similar to the M-Classic. The M-Sport didn't have enough spokes for what I was looking for. I think I paid about 550 for them, but it was 3 years ago.

The Enkeis I take it? I think I'm gonna go with those and just go all black in the car, possibly remove the silver window frames later on at some point when I figure out a good way to do that without it looking shitty.

I'm not a fan of colored wheels. I like the vintage racing look of silver meshes. They just look classy. Good design, I just think I'd go silver but that is personal taste.

Back