17's on crx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rextec

i want to get 17's for my crx but i dont know how practical they will be for daily driving. can you tell me if your wheels rub' what kind they are and the offset (if you know)
TIA

17's - big mistake, put em on and then try to pull yer car into a tight parking spot, unless yer arnold schwartzenegger (SP?) youll never be able to turn em

when you make big turns, u-turn ans what not your wheel will rub. if you lower your car your wheel will rub more. you will most likly have to roll your fenders and remove some of your wheel wells to make them look some what decent. Just because the wheels have a 4x100 bolt pattern and sort of fit does not always mean that you should use them. get some 15x7 lightweight wheels. you will be much happier with them.

17's = bad for daily driving
14,15,and maybe 16 is where you want to be!!

Oh yah you might want to lower the car and get a chamber kit for it if you decide to get 17's

17's don't have to rub. It depends on the tire size that you get. Call up discount tire direct and they will tell you what tires will work with your rims. For instance my girls215/45-17's scuffed like crazy under my car but the 205/40-17's fit fine and yes this is on the same rim.
discount tire direct

1-800-589-6789

Stock ride height they will not rub.... more than 1 1/2 inches watch out for....

listen to these guys, ive witnessed first hand how much 17's suck on a crx... theres no point to them exept they might look cool.... but most of the time they are heavy as fuck... and the ride is REALLY fuckin rough personally, i like 14' with a nice set of tires.... but thats just me...

Originally posted by SleEPeR_CRX@Oct 16 2003, 08:05 PM
im rollin on stock del sol Si 14's and i love it! no one see's it coming when a stock looking CRX Si does low 14's :p

are those the chrome 5 spokes? :puke:

i bolted up 17s to my rex, and no its not really hard to turn, and the ride is horrible, and they don't rub (but they hit when i went over bumps) but they just don't look right on a rex...too big...15s or if you can't live without 17s then get 16s, my 13 inch blackies looked better than those 17s did

Originally posted by SolLess16@Oct 20 2003, 02:51 AM
and i rub like mad -

I don't think anyone needed to know that. :p

Would they rub if you get low profile tires then? The only problem with that is the ride quality would be sacrificed.

uhh, I have 17s on my 95 coupe. and I have no power steering. If you can't turn the wheel, then you need to start going to the gym.

my freind has a set of 17's on a crx with 204/40/17 on them he also hase the cheap coilovers you get from ebay, but they are slamed all the way, and he doesent rub at all, i think the total drop with the coils is like 3 1/2, he hasnt done any mods to the fender (ex.roll the fenders), the only thing he did was remove the plastic iner fender, i am a BIG fan of 15's & 16's, but i will be the 1st to say it looks extremely nice

Back