18 years since Kurt Cobain...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

it's understandable that you don't like it. it was about 10 years before your time.

I hate people giving nirvana credit for grunge, there were. Planty of bands in seattle with that sound before nirvana. Mother love bone, screaming trees, soundgarden, green river...the list goes on. They were just the poster child band

I hate people giving nirvana credit for grunge, there were. Planty of bands in seattle with that sound before nirvana. Mother love bone, screaming trees, soundgarden, green river...the list goes on. They were just the poster child band

you're right. they didn't "create" grunge. they made a sound that people wanted to hear and brought it to mainstream. it also helped that kurt cobain made phenomenal lyrics.

Yep- Soundgarden, Alice in Chains, Screaming Trees, Silverchair, Pearl Jam, Butthole Surfers, Green Day, Tool, Smashing Pumpkins, Stone Temple Pilots, Jane's Addiction, Rage Against the Machine, etc, etc, etc. Epic music. I can listen to this stuff alllll day. Nirvana... notsomuch.

The whole point of this thread wasn't really about the music. i'm not a big nirvana fan either. point is, it's been THAT long since it happened.... and it certainly doesn't feel like it was that long ago.

Lmao. I get the point of the thread also. Hell I can remember when I was listening to Nirvana, oh and another good band of that time was "Live" (I forgot that one earlier), but I was in middle school and still had braces lmao. Geez.

Back