180 degree outta time

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

pooptugboat

I havea b16 swapped 96 hatch, swapped headgaskets on it and when putting it back into time i put #1 cyl at TDC and lined upt he cam gear marks perfect, started it up fired right up, went to line up the timing with my timing gun and no marks found ti line up, went underneath the car and the opposite side of the pulley had the marks, i meant he car runs fine as day and sounds healthy as hell, but i was jsut wondering how many times the line on the oil pump and the timing belt gear underneath the pulley line up, wondering if i shoulda turned it to TDC twice.

Ya, i got the gam gears all lined up, i was jsut wondering if its possible to get it 180 degrees outta time on the crank gear for the timing belt. because i rotated it tillt he #1 cylinder was on TDC so i figured the marks underneath the crank pulley would be lined up, but somewhere along the line i got 180 off, cams were lined up fine, dizzy only goes on the right way.

nonono, i had the cam gear marks lined up when i put the head back on, put the #1 cylinder at tdc using the dipstick and turning it over till it was at its highest point then put the timing belt on, just wondering if the marks on the oilpump and crank gear line up every time #1 is at TDC or every other time.

Alright, thats what i didnt know, if the marks on the crank pulley were the same as the marks on the gear that hold the belt and the other mark thats on the oil pump, but being 180degrees off on the crank, how would it even run, not to mention smooth as hell.

Back