1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

18c5 chip question

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by BrowNKiD, Aug 25, 2004.

1. BrowNKiD

BrowNKiD Member

i was reading from a different site and it said that i should use a p30 computer instead of a p28 because the p30 has a knock sensor...?? most of the ppl here said use a p28... so should i use a p30 or p28 im stuck...

2. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

The P30 is the 92-95 B16A ECU, you can have it chipped to run a 1.8, or you can have the P28 from the D16Z6 rechipped, it's about the same.

The knock sensor can be removed, unless you want it, but most don't as it is more of a nuicance than a help. But it is in no way going to make either ECU superior by it's being there or not.

3. driverunknown

driverunknown Senior Member

I guess the knock sensor would be good if you ldecide to get cheap gas right?

4. nfn15037

nfn15037 Senior Member

P28 all the way! They will both run the same code, but if you are tuning it for cheap gas, tune it, don't rely on the knock sensor.

5. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

Yes, the P28 is preffered, but that is because it is cheaper and easier to get then the P30, but they are basically the same, as you can disable the knock sensor if you want.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted