NJ 1961 Willys Wagon For Sale- $2000

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SlushboxTeggy

It's only stupid if it doesn't work
VIP
Posting this here just in case anyone is interested. It's also where I hosted the images for the 10+ other sites I plan to put it on.

My original goal with this vehicle was to get it running, throw a seat in it, and ride around in my new rat rod Jeep. I'm selling this because I'm simply not getting enough done with it fast enough. I'm paying to keep it somewhere and I just don't get out there enough. Doesn't run, but ran until it was put aside to be restored. Should need just a little TLC to turn over.

Car was stripped down for storage so nothing was broken, but every single piece is there, including LOTS of extras inside. Will also come with a new mechanics manual specific to the vehicle.

1961 Willys Station Wagon

-Pretty much the original 4X4 SUV. Great vehicles in general. They get better MPG than a lot of modern SUVs and do great off-road in STOCK form.

-So easy to work on. Everything is just simple.

-51,XXX miles

-12-volt
(Some in 61 were 6-volt aka a nightmare)

-Alternator conversion
(No generator problems)

-L6-226 Super Hurricane engine
(Biggest engine ever available in the Wagon)

-T-90 transmission
(Clutch still feels great and you can shift the transmission through all gears)

-Attached to a Dana 18 transfer case (selectable 2WD and 4WD and selectable Hi-Lo gears)

-Dana 27 axle up front, Dana 44 out back.

-Frame is solid. Surface rust but that is it.

-Body is great. Especially for a 50 year old vehicle in NJ. Minor cosmetic rust. Will need patches here and there, possibly a new floor pan on the driver side, but still totally fixable.

I probably forgot some things, but I'll add them as I go. On to the pics.

Willys_Wagon_018.JPG

Willys_Wagon_021.JPG

Passenger side glass will need to be replace. Shotty Plexi-glass for now.

Willys_Wagon_020.JPG

Driver side door was removed to fix rust in the door jab. Has not been reattached yet, but it is there. 2nd window on driver side will need to be replaced.

Willys_Wagon_019.JPG

Headlights and all trim accessories are there, just removed for storage.

Willys_Wagon_017.JPG

Willys_Wagon_016.JPG

Willys_Wagon_014.JPG

Willys_Wagon_012.JPG

Previous owner had great ideas for seating. Too bad this is as far as he got. Frames are there and solid. Wire cup and some spray paint and you're good to go.

Willys_Wagon_011.JPG

Driver side floor. Surface rust. Possible a pinhole fix here and there. Clutch still feels great. Got to love a cable set-up.

Willys_Wagon_010.JPG

3 shifters. 1 for gears, 1 for 2WD/4WD, and 1 for Hi/Lo. Passenger side floor. A little worse than the driver. Still very fixable.

Willys_Wagon_009.JPG

Low miles car!! Haha

Willys_Wagon_007.JPG

Willys_Wagon_003.JPG

Shots of the alternator, 6-226 engine, as well as a hydraulic pump that will come with the Wagon.

Willys_Wagon_005.JPG

Willys_Wagon_002.JPG

Hy-Lo Jeep hydraulic pump from Monarch. Hard piece to find. Will be included.

Willys_Wagon_001.JPG

Plenty of room in the engine bay to work. I've never worked on a more accessible vehicle.

So the starting price is $2,000 OBO. Willys Wagons never go up for sale, especially in this area. With the condition and extras included, I think it should get my price all day, but I'm willing to negotiate. Cash and a trailer to get it said and gone (so I can stop paying rent) will do wonders. I'd just like to pass it on to someone will will get it done a lot faster than me. Email is S_Hornacek13@MSN.com Just write "Willys Wagon" in the subject line and I'll be able to identify things that get sent to the junk folder.

Last edited:
My older bros best friend had a Willy pickup in high school with a Buick 430 in it. Thing was wild as hell. I've seen one wagon in the last few years. Would love to see this one go to good use.

Thanks guys. I love these things too. This one wont be my last. If anyone you know might want it, let them know I'll make a special price for friends of HS, haha.

Actually got the motor to spin by hand yesterday. I expect to have it running soon. Of course, this all makes me want to keep it.

I'm resto-fying a M715 with a J10 truck (so I can get the creature comforts)
and would love to get this..
Wish you were closer to Memphis..

Would you want me to put your add on some of my sites i frequent?

E

Sold it a few months ago for about half what I paid for it. Thanks anyway though. It went to a guy and his son that already have 3, so it's probably terrorizing south eastern PA by now.

Back