1967 Mustang

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Now getting the rear quarter extensions molded to fit the rear quarters.

What are your thoughts on hood pins?

I had to get a new hood because the original one had hit a deer, and was damn near impossible to get straight. The new hood was a bargain, but has holes in it for hood pins. I might just weld them up - but I'm worried the heat might cause wrinkles in the sheet metal.

I had to get a new hood because the original one had hit a deer, and was damn near impossible to get straight. The new hood was a bargain, but has holes in it for hood pins. I might just weld them up - but I'm worried the heat might cause wrinkles in the sheet metal.

I think it would look good with all the body mods you have goin on with it, if it was just a stock 67 i would say no but with all the shelby goodness goin on it would look period correct. God lookin at your progress make me wanna go work on mine.

Flush mount Aerocatches.

Car is a tribute so options can be a little more broad. But many/most 65-71 Mustang enthusiasts are purist and OE with numbers matching (in comarison to Novas, Chevelles, Camaros). But it seems an overall theme (in the last 12-15 years) is period correct mods. Gone in 60 Seconds helped make modified Mustangs more desirable. But turn around cash profit is still in OE.

With that said....I like period correct hood pins or none at all.

Old school Mustang needs old school hood pins.

310.JPG

I'm running them on the front of the Pikes Peak car, old-school floppy-wire style on the front clip and the aerocatch type on the hood. But, old school Mustang, floppy-wire all day.

Update time:
I went to the Columbus All Ford swap meet a few weekends back and made some purchases.
-Got a 3.80:1 rear end with a Detroit Locker diff.
-Brake & clutch pedal assembly. Now I need to find a 5 speed.
-Misc. interior parts
-A badass Grant steering wheel
-Full power front disk brake conversion setup. This has everything from the booster and master cylinder, to the lines, spindle rebuild, calipers, rotors, and pads. I am just doing the stock GT 4 piston setup. Apparently it's a good system.

The car was just sprayed in high build primer, and I recently sandblasted and painted misc. brackets and suspension components. There is about another month till we spray base coat.

Welding plates into the stock vent openings. I'll be installing the California Special side vents, and this keeps water out for good.

Welding shut the hood pin holes. Had to go slow to keep heat from warping the sheet metal.

Looking really good. Can't wait to see more progress. Hopefully Mine will be getting some work done on it soon.

Blocked out after first coat of high build. We did this twice before it was straight enough for paint.

The car wet sanded to #400, ready for base coat

First painted misc. bolt on parts and door jams.

Back