1970 Datsun Roadster 1600

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

eg6sir

Supa Mod
VIP
ok.. i went to visit my mom today... and we ended up going by one they're friends houses.. well, he had this car under a cover and i had to ask what it was.. so he showed me.. it was a 1970 Datsun Roadster 1600.. he did a frame-up resto.. let me tell you this thing was cherry.. all original.. he took this thing to the DatsunDoctor.. he bought it for $35 bucks from a friends dad, where it had been sitting in his garage for 17 yrs.. it was a rust bucket, he showed me the before pictures and i was astonished at the outcome.. i snapped some pics with my cellphone cam.. so they basically suck ,but here they are.. when i get a chance to go back over there i'm taking a real camera..
70roadster5.jpg

70roadster4.jpg

70roadster3.jpg

70roadster2.jpg

70roadster.jpg

nice, but i have never been too impressed with those cars. Z's are the only datsuns that i really like. clean looking car though.

and where the hell is the armpit of Cali? lol

yea.. pictures dont do this justice, you'd have to see it in person, its immaculate..

oh, and the armpit is Bakersfield, CA

Those cars are so god damn amazing.

the fairlady2000 is one of the greatest cars Nissan has EVER produced.

2010lbs 155hp in 1967... OH HELL YES I WOULD!!

he was saying this only had 96hp.. it had the tag in the engine bay that said so also.. .. he said its not the fastest thing out there, but it'll take the twisties w/ no problem..

that is one clean datsun. I saw a clean 510 the other day in red... good god i think he almost caused an accidnet, i love those things.

:thumbup: love those style cars, especially the tr-3's and sprites.

Quoted post[/post]]
he was saying this only had 96hp.. it had the tag in the engine bay that said so also.. .. he said its not the fastest thing out there, but it'll take the twisties w/ no problem..
The 1600s only produced 96, but the 2000s with the sidedrafts produced 155.

Nice looking car. There was a nissan/datsun convention here a couple of months ago and there were a million of those things with everything from original engine restorations to racing setups with turbo sr20's. It was fun, tons of 510s and z cars everywhere too.

yeah we had one a while back in dallas. i was going to the movies and there 350zs as far as the eye could see. Every Z you could imagine and sooo many silvias it would blow your mind. of course i had to give a nice rev and da duce to em.

Quoted post[/post]]
Nice looking car. There was a nissan/datsun convention here a couple of months ago and there were a million of those things with everything from original engine restorations to racing setups with turbo sr20's. It was fun, tons of 510s and z cars everywhere too.
you know what .. he was talking about a show it was in.. he said he got first place in his class or somethin

Back