1980 2nd gen civic b16 swap

how do you like the bigger cvcc motor?

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

:DOH!! sorry guys its ganna run the first time with all upgrades this thursday at woodburn drags 3:00 afternoon for test and tune.
come see the car if any one is ganna be there ..

had a bad week with the car
and everything
first im having a baby girl due this month any day
and the car had ran crappy with hot weather and boost and bent the frame from the slicks 1st run.
but all welded up and tubed more in the front and tuned better
we have import challenge next month and more races but the
turbo is comming off i don't care much for it and the cams don't like it much as well gatta adjust dead on had it couple times but can't get it back.soooo.
cams are still there but going ITB header exe..
i think i might sell the turbo kit.
ill be back out for times just too much crap and good is going on
that and i wanna drive it outside the track on some days so the turbo has to go..
Due to headlight issue...lol

even with the b16 swap with the cams, and a good ihe it should run decent times.

i know it will run good times with just cams'
the stock motor ran 13.9
but trying for the 11's
with
ITB's
450 cc
stage 3 cams
crome pro obd1
locker
drag slicks
i know it will run
more on the 11 low to high 12 all day but wanting 10"s mabe after dyno

damn just don't know what to do i have the turbo kit just need Gsr cams to set up turbo
or run the rest of the set up with N/A cams and ITB's
to much to think about
both will give me the power i want but one is harder on the motor
wanting to go N/A setup
love the tubo but wanna go with out..

Sounds like a perfect candidate for nitrous. You can spray at the track and still drive it home...

I got a devious plan... itb's and turbo. I would say nitrous on top of that but that would be like overkill...or under 11's....lol

I'm a moron? really for anyone sitting here saying I am a moron it has been done before. the tuning is a bitch but I remember the car it was done on posting pretty big dyno numbers. I am sure if you searched on google you would find it. Maybe if you looked before flaming you would know that. Its actually quite a simple concept. You simply take a piece of charge piping that runs over the top of all the itb's and cut holes so the top of the itb's will slide into the piping, I can't remember what he sealed the holes around the itb's with but it worked pretty well. Obviously you weld one side of the piping shut, and the other side is connected to the charge piping coming from the i/c. so if you are calling me a moron....and you couldn't figure out a relatively simple concept such as that what does that make you....and as for the car this would be going on look at what he had to fabricate to drop the b16 into this car..I'm thinking if he can do that making a simple adapater for itb's with some charge piping wouldn't be much of challenge for him. The tuning is a different story though. The itb's draw the forced air much like they would with normal air.

I got a devious plan... itb's and turbo. I would say nitrous on top of that but that would be like overkill...or under 11's....lol
ya that shit would be sick too much for me but would work as long as i got stage 1 or ITR cams to run the mass air to fuel with ITB in box turbo remember i only have the stage 3 cams and don't like the turbo mas air
but had them running great for a week w/ help Vtec had to be shut off 280lift int. ex.280
to much $$$ to set up
but damn if i could set up ITB's nos. turbo
i would have to run like under 6 lbs boost to run w/ 1000 cc jecs
tune the crap out of it with other tuner/dynofrom all over. and hope eagle rods made to last through that.
BUT DAMN what an IDEA.....

tune would be a bitch
dyno would cost a arm x leg x hand and a lill exe....

BUT i just might try it if no one wants to. Hay i have a few people to help out on the issue
i might see what they can do but first change out cams to fit setup.. the cvcc body is all ready for more HPs than needed front tube frame sooo i see nothing wrong about trying something DIFF.. than everyone els

thanx
philyphreak

Last edited:
i think we need to set the motors we all have that are in the 88-91 to 92-95 and up motors in the 78 to 83 cvcc body then most of us would run stock in the 80-83 13. 1/4 and 12. 1/4 in the 70's damn i say
and thats just stock

more power i say light body lol sorry verry light body and is still good at drags to setup like the newer years
all i did was hit stock motor 13. 1/4 mile for honda civic
the reast is up to us
early 70'S are lighter yet....

No problem man. I love this car and how different it is. Honestly anyone who even attempts to run a setup like that and actually makes progress towards it deserves respect. You could run the nos kinda like people run the meth injection kits. Have it as kind of like a cooling system for the air in the charge piping. Plumb it into the itb turbo adapter and some how set it up with a very very gradual flow so it cools the air but doesn't add too much more stress to the motor, it would actually help prevent detonation.

Back